Teddy

Re: L-39ZA added open beta

Post by Teddy »

Perfect thanks!!

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Having had a chance to look at the ZA, it does seem a bit of a dog's breakfast to me, with a woefully abstruse manual (OK, so my Russian isn't great!), and a haphazard cockpit layout reminiscent of the worst of the 1950s. It also doesn't seem to add anything to its air-to-air capability (in fact the extra weight with the same power plant probably reduces it). I also find the L-39C a bit of a pig in close formation - but that's probably just me.

I am beginning to think that we will have to wait for the Hawk re-vamp to give us a real light-weight aggressor. It's just a shame that there no plans to produce a dual Hawk yet, despite the optimists crawling all over the ED forums.

Incidentally, has anyone flow the L-39 dual on the server yet? If not I wouldn't mind a try out.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Flyco wrote:Having had a chance to look at the ZA, it does seem a bit of a dog's breakfast to me, with a woefully abstruse manual (OK, so my Russian isn't great!), and a haphazard cockpit layout reminiscent of the worst of the 1950s. It also doesn't seem to add anything to its air-to-air capability (in fact the extra weight with the same power plant probably reduces it). I also find the L-39C a bit of a pig in close formation - but that's probably just me.
I'm not sure its much of an aggressor but it should be fun as a light weight attack aircraft, like last night. Maybe the F5E will be the aggressor you are looking for?
Flyco wrote: Incidentally, has anyone flow the L-39 dual on the server yet? If not I wouldn't mind a try out.
Yes David and I have, its fun. There are different settings for who has overall control. Basically press one button and you can take over from the student! It's great tormenting the student and taking them for a ride!

Return to “L-39C Albatross - ED”