L-39ZA added open beta

A Random Panzer

L-39ZA added open beta

Post by A Random Panzer »

Teddy

Re: L-39ZA added open beta

Post by Teddy »

That's so annoying that I were are going to use the L39 tomorrow but in 2.0. We could have tried it out.

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

But still great news!

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

It isn't out of the question to run 1.5.3 Beta instead of 2.0 tomorrow.

It will of course require everyone to install it.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Well I have put a few hours into the mission already so I would rather not. We can always delay it but it's probably easier just to try it out next time we run 1.5.

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Thanks though Neil but it's simpler to leave it I think.

Alan has the next Caucuses mission maybe it could happen then?!!?

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I was toying with the idea of a dissimilar aircraft air combat night for my last effort, but my mission programming skills fell down. I will certainly take a look at A-10s versus L-39s. I was backing a pair of A-10s to outfly the singleton L-39C, but L-39Zs? That might be a different ball-game, especially if the gun is any good.

I will download the new beta and have a look at it for my next attempt, but sticking to simple stuff rather than building a surrounding storyline.

Incidentally, does everyone else find the L-39 very tricky to fly in formation - I think I must try and tweak my control settings. It's also very 'slippery', making it difficult to slow down as you close to the right formation spot. Ah, for the old JP - instant and very effective air-brakes!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

A Random Panzer

Post by A Random Panzer »

The 23mm gun is limited to a 20-30 degree angle to fire it however the gun pods can be fired at any angle

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Sounds good Alan. I've had a quick look at the L-39ZA, and it looks to be a pretty good adversary. Mighty difficult to work out the switches for the guns, but I eventually resorted to the manual, and all the info is already there in a section at the end dedicated to the ZA.

Everything seems to be functioning as advertised.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Please can someone upload the manual here if they get time so if I get time at work I can skim through it.

Thanks!

Alan I think your next as 'host' for a caucuses night so maybe you could do you dissimilar aircraft training then? Sounds different and fun.

Return to “L-39C Albatross - ED”