MGRS/UTM/LL Converter

Jonathan Foy

MGRS/UTM/LL Converter

Post by Jonathan Foy »

Hi guys, was speaking with Matt last night about using M2000 for Laser bombing with JTAC.

The only coordinates I can input into the Mirage INS are in L/L, to create a new Target Waypoint.

Now with this converter, I can write down the MGRS coords from JTAC/UAV and have this already open on my phone/2nd pc/laptop.

It converts into L/L deg.min.sec and decimal degrees. Also can convert UTM and MGRS too, which means you guys in A-10C can pass info across to a M2000 player and not only can he now find the target but the A-10C can lase for for GBU12 too.

Downside is the extra time it will take to convert the coords, but I think it will be worth it once used to it.

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/l ... -mgrs.html
Last edited by Jonathan Foy on 05 Feb 2018, 20:23, edited 2 times in total.

Matt
Site Admin

Re: MGRS/UTM/LL Converter

Post by Matt »

that's great Jon, do you have a link to the converter. I'd love to try it out too!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Foy

Post by Jonathan Foy »

Sure Matt. If you're JTAC Matt, you get them converted depending on what aircraft you are tasking.

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/l ... -mgrs.html

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ideal, thanks Jon!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I suspect, in missions with M2000C included, it would be possible to pre-determine most of the points of interest, and have the data at hand to provide co-ordinates in L/L to save the hassle of converting on the fly.

It won't always work that way of course, but given the major role of M2000C as an interceptor, and bomb trolley, it shouldn't be too hard to at least flesh out the most salient points.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “M-2000C Mirage - RAZBAM”