SRS Question

Here you will find information relating to Comms systems that we use at RAF Air UK
Bond Villain

SRS Question

Post by Bond Villain »

Hi,

I have SRS set up and on testing it, it look likes its working. My issue is with when I press the PTT on either Comm 1 or 2, I get the ATC menu pop up on the top right of the screen. What have I done wrong?

Thanks

BV

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: SRS Question

Post by Flyco »

You have done nothing - within the bounds of this post, anyway - I can't speak for your wider range of behaviour (Joke!). The use of SRS doesn't eliminate the normal DCS comms menu which shows when you press 'Transmit'.

It can be a pain - just hit F-12 to exit it.

I am not sure that there is any easy way to avoid it. Perhaps the forthcoming DCS comms revision will give the option to by-pass it.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Bond Villain

Post by Bond Villain »

Thanks for the reply. I've worked out, that after transmitting a quick press of Comm 1 or 2 will get rid of the menu too

Chris

Post by Chris »

You can set up SRS PTT independently of the in-cockpit PTT. Might help, I have this for all my AC and only see the comms menu when I request it.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Bond Villain

Post by Bond Villain »

So another SRS question,

Tonight I logged onto Server 3 (name of Villain), there were a few other people so I was hoping to say hello as the new boy.

SRS was set up and I had selected SRS 3 (82.8.84.164:5004), and had connected. There was pre-tuned frequencies once the aircraft was powered that went to SRS and I heard nothing, and also changed to the aircraft carrier frequency, which others were useing, and again heard nothing. Both times I did transmit and the SRS TX light illuminated .

So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

BV

Chris

Post by Chris »

Probably nothing mate...

829 were doing some training from 1930 and whilst we started on the carrier freq we switched to 829 flight chat for maneuvers then the tanker... and the carrier again on return.,,, but then some did circuits but remained on in flight freq and additionally TS was engaged with others off the server.

Saying that, it would have been best practice for us to maintain a watch on the carrier freq at all times whilst on deck or circuits. Our bad. You can always hit us TS at any time though.

Several of us will be about 8pm tomorrow night, be nice to meet you if you are about and you can check everything works okay...any probs will be soon fixed...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Bond Villain

Post by Bond Villain »

Thanks Chris,

I’ll be on tomorrow night, I’ll have team speak set up too,

Cheers,

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

One thing I have noticed with SRS recently is the selected headphones and microphone, although showing correctly, are not actually running. The easy way to tell is to just press the talk button when your aircraft has the radios powered up. If you hear the click, you're good to go. If however you hear nothing, disconnect SRS, go to the general page, reselect your output devices, and reconnect. When you press to send after that you should hear the clicks and be good to go.

We always have Teamspeak running too, so if you are having comms issues, try there instead.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Flight Communications Support”