SimpleRadio stand alone?

This is our current Comms system of choice.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: SimpleRadio stand alone?

Post by Neil Willis »

Alan, if you need help with testing SRS today, I can be online this afternoon. If we get your problem ironed out, we have a viable and hopefully reliable radio system again.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I have been looking into SRS a little more, and we now have an auto connect feature enabled, so that you just need to have SRS running without connecting to the server, then, when you join the server, you'll be prompted to connect.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Neil, from what I read on the SRS thread in the ED Forum, we can use Teamspeak alongside, but totally independently of SRS. You would need a separate transmit button for Teamspeak (I suggest retaining the font Warthog stick leve r for those that have WH), to and try and persuade people not to overuse it. But it would be useful as a backup if anyone gets lost during frequency changes, or loses SRS.

I suggest we run with both for the time being and just confirm that it is useful. We would need to ensure that everyone disables the UR and any other lua plug-ins.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yes, good idea Alan. We can certainly use separate press to talk buttons. Shall we give it a try tomorrow night?
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The flight tonight went very well. Using a separate press to talk works, and provides a back channel for comms on getting kicked off the server - as Richard discovered.

There is a minor issue with sound quality at times, but I understand this is already being addressed, and should improve with the next update.

It is pretty clear that SRS will remain the comms app of choice for RAF Air from this point onwards.
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

New Aircraft - Audio Improvements - 1.2.9.5 for SRS

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRa ... ag/1.2.9.5

Changelog
Added Viggen
Added Spitfire
Audio mixing improvements for receiving simultaneous transmissions on multiple channels
Made Radio effect optional (for testing audio quality)
Swapped around Viggen Radio
Fixed L-39 Intercom Volume
Fixed intermittent audio for GCI / AWACS if Line of sight is enforced
Make sure to backup your favourites file from the SRS directory before updating or it'll be lost!
Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.
You now also need DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua in Save Games\DCS\Scripts as well as DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Current Comms System --- Simple Radio Stand alone (SRS)”