SRS Setup

This is our current Comms system of choice.
Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

SRS Setup

Post by Richard Rodgers »

**Reserved**
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: SRS Setup

Post by Neil Willis »

Stand Alone Radio is a new system, still under development, but showing great promise for the future of realistic, workable radio communications within DCS World.

Some issues have been encountered which stem from an out of date version of .Net on the users PC. To ensure you have the latest version installed, first, go to the following link, and download and install the latest version (4.6.2):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=17718

Once .Net has been updated, follow this link to download the latest version of SRS Radio:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRa ... ag/1.2.8.1

The New Audio version is the one we are using, so simply select that version, and download it, and then extract it to a suitable location on your PC. Within the resulting file is an executable installer, which will complete most of the installation process for you.

Once installed, simply run the Simple Radio Stand Alone Client. It will run in Administrator mode automatically.

The following steps are needed to configure it before use:

a. Select the required microphone and speaker outputs from the drop down list on the "General" tab.

b. Enter the RAF Air server addresses - 82.8.84.164:5002 and 5003 into the Server IP/Address box. (There are 2 servers available, one for each DCS World virtual server we support).

c. Click on "connect". If the box label changes to, and remains "disconnect" you have successfully logged on to the server.

Next, you will need to set correct controls under the "Controls" tab:

a. Set a key press to select "Radio 1" for example - press the set button, followed by the relevant key or button to set it. Once done, you should see "i.e Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" under device, and a number under "Button". You will only need to add a modifier if your installation requires one, otherwise, just leave the "Radio 1 Modifier" set to "None"

b. Repeat the process for both "Radio 2" and "Radio 3" (Currently, Radio 1 corresponds to VHF AM; Radio 2 to UHF AM; and Radio 3 to the VHF FM Radios in the A-10C.

c. Set the Common PTT button up in the same way as the previous steps.

Finally, go to the third tab "Settings" and:

a. Ensure the first 5 buttons are set to "On" (Auto connect prompt; Radio Rx Effects; Radio Tx Effects; Radio encryption Effects; and Radio Switch works as PTT).

b. Set the required audio channel you wish to hear each radio through (Left, Right or Both).

c. Set the Intercom Audio Channel to the required setting (Left, Right or Both. This function is used only for multiplayers sharing the same aircraft).

d. Set the last button (Auto Refocus DCS) to on.

This completes the setup procedure.

When you wish to use the SRS facility, start the program, but do not connect to the server. When you log into the RAF Air Server, you will see a prompt on your desk top asking if you wish to connect, and at this point simply click the "Yes" button and continue as normal. You may not see this prompt if you run DCS World in Full Screen mode, in which case, press Alt-Enter to exit full screen mode, navigate to the SRS dialogue box, and after connecting, press Alt-Enter to re-establish full screen mode.

When you enter the aircraft, you may need to increase the volume controls on each individual radio in order to hear incoming radio messages.

A SRS Radio overlay is available for use in FC3 aircraft where the in-cockpit radio controls do not function. It can also be used to confirm correct functionality and volume settings when in ASM aircraft.

The system is as stated earlier under development, and also undergoing trials within RAF Air, so watch this thread for any changes that may arise. We will endeavour to keep you informed when changes and updates occur.

The ED Forum has a thread dedicated to SRS Radio here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... tand+radio
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Attached is an, as yet unfinished, outline of how to set up SRS.

The main set up is complete, including diagrams of the SRS display and descriptions of how the most important aspects of it operate.

It is held up for the present because of my inability to capture in-cockpit overlays. I am still working on this.

Nevertheless, it does cover the initial set-up.
Attachments
USING SIMPLE RADIO SYSTEM.pdf
(880.52 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

A quick video tutorial on how to install and setup SRS.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YbN83d ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rick van de Koppel

Post by Rick van de Koppel »

Hey Guys ,

Happy newyear, best wishes to you all !

Getting my stuff together to do some online flying again... I tried to get SRS running with the info in this thread... I could not connect.
After some more reading on other threads about the server itself, I found out that the IP might be changed.
When using the IP : 80.15.161.33:5002 instead of the on mentioned in this thread. SRS connects.
Assuming I did the right thing... should the info on the second post be updated with this IP?

BR
Rick van de Koppel

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes since migrating to our new RAF Air UK server the details in this thread became obsolete, you are correct the new servers SRS addresses are 82.8.84.164:5002 and 5003 .

I have edited the above posts to properly reflect this new server address.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

WilloUK

Post by WilloUK »

There is a new update out
SRS 1.6.1.0
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Return to “Current Comms System --- Simple Radio Stand alone (SRS)”