SRS Bugs and Issues

This is our current Comms system of choice.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: SRS Bugs and Issues

Post by Neil Willis »

I don't know of anyone else having the same issue, so I suspect it is local to your installation. I was going to suggest a completely clean install, but you are already on the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I would suggest a complete reinstall of SRS, as that seems to rectify most known issues. If the problem persists I would recommend posting on the ED forum in the SRS thread to gain help from it's creator.

Let us know how you get on
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

It might be relevant that the symptoms you describe, i.e. 000.00 on both VHF radios, is what you would expect to see when there is no AC power - the UHF works solely on DC. You might check that all the electrical switches are as they should be, or get external power connected.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Zadren

Post by Zadren »

My switches were as they should be. Both radios were working fine last night initially. Today, I had zip.

However, weird thing: The problem seemed to resolve itself, after I'd switched to the intercom to re-arm and defuel, and then back to VHF.

It's working now, so I will monitor it. I've just been shot down by an SA-6. D'oh. :roll:

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I still think there is a switch issue. Perhaps you have a mapping duplication somewhere?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Very strange - I have just had a similar experience. I was boring holes in the sky on the server, trying to find if I had solved my USB re-initialisation problem, when I noticed that my VHF SRS display was showing 000.00.

Nothing I could do would get it up and running. It showed as OK, with the right frequency on the DCS cockpit, but I was getting no replies to my calls.

Once I have finished checking my USB problem (which may now be solved!) I will trawl through the SRS log to see if I can find a reason.

That's one thing about DCS, you need never get bored.
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Absolutely nothing unusual in any of the 3 SRS logs. We'll just have to monitor it and drop a post in the SRS forum if it recurs.

Edit: In fact, I have just done so.
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Ciribob has responded. He doesn't seem to think it is SRS. Like me, he suggested switch/power problems. Could be, but it is strange both of us experiencing it for the first time within 24 hrs of each other.

It may be something on the server, but I wouldn't know what.

Only thing we can do is monitor it and try and note relevant details if and when it happens again.
Image Image Image Image

Zadren

Post by Zadren »

All of the radios were switched on - you can see as much in the pic I posted. I could transmit to the tower through the text menu. I could receive voice via SRS on the VHF radios, but transmit was a no-no. If I was missing the 3-phase, then there would be several more noticeably non-functional systems. ;)

Unless there's a 'break me' button that nobody knows about, this is not finger trouble. :?

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I agree, my VHF went to zero after over an hour into a sortie. In view of your reported experience, I carefully checked all switches, switched it on and off and confirmed that the switch was operating correctly and the DCS display was showing the correct fequency, but the SRS display stayed firmly at 000.00. I am not sure whether I was transmitting and receiving, should have checked that really.

I am not sure whether there is an SRS log on the server. If there is it might be worth checking it. Were you on the server at the time or running as single player? If the former, it does look as though it is our server that is the common factor for the moment.

I suggest we wait and see if there are any repeats.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Current Comms System --- Simple Radio Stand alone (SRS)”