SRS Bugs and Issues

This is our current Comms system of choice.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

SRS Bugs and Issues

Post by Neil Willis »

I would very much appreciate it if people who encounter problems with SRS post their issues and solutions here, so we can all deal with things that crop up.

I'll start the ball rolling with 2...

Make sure you set the volume on each radio within the A-10C when you start up as they are wound back to zero by default at present.

Make sure you have the correct microphone and speakers/headphones selected on the SRS control panel. They will reset when you use other sound devices, and have been known to lurk behind comms problems.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: SRS Bugs and Issues

Post by Neil Willis »

We had success last night with Jack's SRS by simply copying my saved games/DCS install/scripts/export.lua file, and e-mailing it to him so he could replace his own with it.

If anyone else has issues, I can do the same, and send you a working export.lua.

Please note that for multiple installs of DCS World, all you need to do is copy across the 2 SRS files (DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua and DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua) that sit in the scripts folder in each of the folders in Saved Games. In addition, the export.lua must be present for each install too.

Remember, DCS World exports the data to the SRS radio program, so only one version of SRS is required, and you do not need to disconnect/re-connect SRS to the server when switching from one version of DCS World to another.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Just an update on my problems, which were a varied combination of the following:

A line in my export.lua Helios script needed to be commented out.

There is an updated Tacview which runs more comfortably with SRS.

Some of my mods were several iterations out of date.

The first two are interim solutions, but they work for me. The third was clearly my fault, but provide a sobering warning to all.

With 1.5.5 finally working as hoped, I look forward to flying (and talking) with everyone shortly. Thank heavens!!!!!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Glad to hear you have the issue resolved Alan. Are you aware that a lot of data exporting is borked with 1.5.5, and helios is one of them?
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks for the warning. I amended my Helios script iaw a recommended change made by Capt Zeen yesterday, and with TacView commented out and the SRS as the last line, my set-up seems to be working. I hope to try it with some other flyers this afternoon.

Capt Zeen has said he is going to look through the full Helios script asap and make any other changes - It seems he couldn't do it last night - he was taking his wife out to dinner - Priorities - Priorities!!

There is also an updated SRS (1.2.9.2) issued this morning, but with a working system, I plan to let someone else check that out before I load it up. As I read it, it is primarily designed to fix an AWACS radio bug.
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

As mentioned in the Server thread, we'll run 1.2.9.1 Tuesday, and then try the updated one on Thursday night.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have updated my old rig (WIn7 - DCS 1.5.5) with 1.2.9.2, and it works OK communicating with the 1.2.9.1 server, and with my current setup on Win 10 - 1.2.9.1. So I shall convert fully to 1.2.9.2. It's easy enough to revert if there is a problem.

I shall also update TacView - if we are going to have any more nights like last night I am going to need it.
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Good to hear Alan, updating here too, and I'll do the server update as well.
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just a little point for anyone having problems with SRS in the future, myself and Paul have just sat with Splintered and Dukesy and rectified their SRS issues, both instanced were rectified by s complete uninstallation and reinstallation of the SRS program.

It seems its just a bit hit and miss to if the program installs correctly, just a small point that may help anyone having issues.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zadren

Post by Zadren »

I've had a major bug crop up with SRS. As evidenced last night, trying to fly Op Bactria, where I lost my VHF(AM) comms. The SRS overlay showed 0.00AM, regardless of what the set in the cockpit was tuned to.
I can select a radio.
I can receive on the cockpit frequency.
No transmit.

I've logged in this afternoon to investigate, (I'm sat on the pan with an APU running. Oddly familiar :lol: ), and the FM radio has done exactly the same thing, along with the AM.

UHF appears to work just fine, weirdly. I've lost both Victor radios only.

I'm about to reinstall SRS. If that fails to correct things, could this be a server port problem? Any tips on how to rectify?

I've attached a JPEG, illustrating the problem.

Cheers :)
Radio settings.
Radio settings.
radio.JPG (46.46 KiB) Viewed 4303 times

Return to “Current Comms System --- Simple Radio Stand alone (SRS)”