Latest update 1.2.9.7

This is our current Comms system of choice.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Latest update 1.2.9.7

Post by Neil Willis »

There is a new release of SRS Radio, and it includes an overlay that appears directly on your DCS World view - including in VR. The overlay isn't functional right now, but it is moveable, and I believe sizeable. The download is available here:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRa ... ag/1.2.9.7

To install, just unpack it, and run the installer.

A full walk through, and a video with instructions on how to use the overlay are on the ED forum thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... 7&page=141

Look for post 1406.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Latest update 1.2.9.7

Post by Flyco »

Neil, I updated to 1.2.9.7 before last night's session. Neither Richard nor (I think) Ade had updated, and we had enormous problems talking to each other. In the end we flew just using Teamspeak.

I must admit that we had other puzzling problems as well, and so I would be reluctant to lay the blame at incompatibility issues between 1.2.9.7 and earlier version. However it might be worth having a check before our next squadron sortie.

If you want to fix a time let me know - I'm free most of tomorrow.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Latest update 1.2.9.7

Post by Neil Willis »

It is always to be assumed that there will be compatibility issues between different versions of SRS radio. It should be policy that we all need to run the same version - unless we know they are compatible.

There are distinct advantages to running 1.2.9.7 - particularly if you run with VR, so that should be the version everyone is recommended to use to join our servers now.

There was cross compatibility between 1.9.9.5 and 1.2.9.6 Beta which was confirmed by testing, but nothing was tested between 1.2.9.5/6 and 1.2.9.7, so it is highly likely that there would be issues between the two.

To download and update took just minutes, so it could easily have been done before joining the server.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Current Comms System --- Simple Radio Stand alone (SRS)”