R/T Procedures

FTS encompasses everything to do with your basic flight training on a variety of aircraft.
Flyco
Site Admin

R/T Procedures

Post by Flyco »

I have been asked by several members to produce outlines of R/T and similar procedures. This is the first of those documents.

It is largely tailored to the A-10c, but almost all of it is also relevant to other aircraft.

If any Sqn Cdrs or other Execs have any significant comments or amendments to suggest, please feel free to do so. However, with so many of the threads becoming filled with un-necessary comment, I would like to keep this thread easy to navigate through and use. So please, thank you but keep any comment relevant.

I am away for a few days, so my next opus will be in a week or two, and will be a step-by-step procedures for entering the Server and taking part in a formation sortie. Again it will be primarily aimed at A-10C operations

All views are my own and should not be considered to be endorsed, approved, or otherwise supported by the management.
Attachments
General Rules for Speaking on the Radio.doc
(31 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: R/T Procedures

Post by Flyco »

Attached, is a detailed breakdown of how we start up and depart for a typical A-10C sortie.

It is possibly over-long in some areas, and, with experience, can be shortened. However, I hope it clears up some misconceptions in flyer's minds.
Attachments
A-10C Basic Formation Procedure.pdf
(844.78 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “No.3 Flying Training School (Fixed Wing)”