A-10C Kneeboard FRCs - Basic

Flyco
Site Admin

A-10C Kneeboard FRCs - Basic

Post by Flyco »

Every pilot in the RAF, carries a set of FRCs (Flight Reference Cards), for the aircraft he or she is flying. These normally take the form of a set of 'Flip-Cards', which are sized to fit into an easily accessible pocket on the standard RAF Flying suit. I have drawn up a set for most of the DCS aircraft that I regularly fly, in 'png' format. so that they can be placed in the folder 'user/Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/A-10C'.

I have attached the basic operation set to this post. They cover

Pre-Start - taking you up to the call for engine start.
Engine Start - taking you up to both engine running.
After-Start & Pre-taxi (also including the pre-take-off checks).
Pre-take-off, Take-off, After Take-off, and routine En-route Checks.
Rejoin, Pre-landing, and Runway Exit Checks.
Shut-down Checks.

As I say, they go directly into the DCS kneeboard folder and are easily readable on a normal kneeboard display.

You will see that they do not follow the standard DCS checks. I have cut and pasted to make them flow more logically and also to allow time spent waiting for things to happen (APU and engines to come on speed etc) to be minimised. They do work for me, and with my rapidly declining memory, I find them essential. Incidentally, if you wonder why there are 2 sets of Pre-take-off checks, the second ones are for use after a Hot Turn-round or stop for repairs.

I will shortly be publishing a matching set of combat checklists (including parameter for each of the A-10Cs weapons), a set of miscellaneous CDU operations, and the hot-turn round and AAR checks.

If anyone has any comments or questions, please feel free to raise them here.

I am also available to go online with anyone who wants me to talk them through the checks - I find that knowing why we do a specific check in that way at that time very helpful to a fuller understanding of how the aircraft works.
Attachments
001-FRCs-000.png
001-FRCs-000.png (70.74 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
001-FRCs-001.png
001-FRCs-001.png (75.05 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
001-FRCs-002.png
001-FRCs-002.png (71.83 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
001-FRCs-003.png
001-FRCs-003.png (76.35 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
001-FRCs-011.png
001-FRCs-011.png (66.14 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
001-FRCs-012.png