Harrier Training and Testing

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Harrier Training and Testing

Post by Flyco »

It really is a matter of individual preferences. For my part, I shall not be flying the Harrier on MP, until I am competent in basic handling and weapon delivery. Individuals differ in their approaches and reaction to training, but I would find it very frustrating to try to go at the same rate as four or five other members. Don’t want to be a wet blanket, but (to mix my fabric-based metaphors) I will not be washing my dirty linen in public for a while.

That said, there can be no objections to including Harrier and associated missions on the generic server. However, I would not want to see our routine multi-player evenings devoted to the Harrier. We must cater for all our members, including those that don’t want, or do not feel ready, to fly the Harrier on NTTR.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I completly agree with Alan, as excited as we all are for the release of the AV8B we must not leave any of our members out by being too keen to jump in the Harrier on a squadron night. If and when we decide to place any harrier flights in missions we need to be well ready to fly her in combat before we take any steps in that direction be that the implimentation of the OCU or a indept style check ride until the OCU is established and ready for the Harrier.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I am also in complete agreement with you both. I see the Harrier in a supporting role only. The main emphasis will remain focussed on the A-10C until there is a complete consensus to switch our focus.

I was thinking of perhaps adding an extra night for the Harrier if there is demand, but we will still fly Warthog missions as always.

As with all the other module releases up until now, we go with the majority but also enable access to the new stuff. I do see the Harrier as having a greater impact however, but that doesn't mean we have to change anything else.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AV-8B Harrier”