Re: Release date announced

Post by Andy212223 »

And a HUD!

Disappointing

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

On the plus side, it does mean I might be able to get it off the ground and back again by the time I need to fight with it.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Andy212223 wrote:And a HUD!

Disappointing
I suspect there will be an operating HUD. It's been in all the pre-release review video footage.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Andy212223

Post by Andy212223 »

Fingers crossed.

Just appeared on the list.

Leysard

Post by Leysard »

Ok, just need to understand.

Todays release only works on DCS 1.5.8 openalpha

I have already got 1.5.7 and 2 installed. Does that mean that I shoukld install a third DCS to get in the pit and that it would be a third complete install of so many GBs ?
I also read that in 1 or 2 weeks, 1.5.8 should go live and also that 2.5 is arriving.

That would mean all re-installing in 1 or 2 weeks and all again soon after that.

Maybe I've not understood everything but for sure, as I'm away a few days, I'll wait until next week to decide what to do.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

You can install a third version - the Beta (1.5.8), which is the one that receives most updates first. Or you can wait - probably just a week, for the update to hit either the release (1.5.7) or Alpha (2.1) versions, or possibly both.

I believe you can also instantly convert from the Release to Beta versions using the DCS Updater GUI app, which is available on the ED forum. I use that app for all my updates, and to clean and repair DCS World too.

I have 3 versions of DCS World installed right now, but the merger will occur in a few weeks, which will mean just a Beta, and a Release version should cover everything. Right now, you need at least 2.1 and either 1.5.7 or 1.5.8 so you have access to all the maps, and of course the AV-8B is only available for the Beta.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AV-8B Harrier”