AI LSO calls available for use in missions

Neil Willis
Site Admin

AI LSO calls available for use in missions

Post by Neil Willis »

There is a very good mod available which can be added into missions for any but commercial use. It involves a script which must be run and a set of calls that need to be added under triggers, but the link has all the info needed plus an example mission.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... hlight=LSO

I shall be adding the mod to a multiplayer Case 1 and Case 3 mission so we can have a dabble soon. The calls are a little indistinct, but workable, and include a full suite of LSO calls to assist in landing, plus a scoring system which is displayed after a trap.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

WilloUK

Re: AI LSO calls available for use in missions

Post by WilloUK »

Just been reading this, looks good and will certainly add to the immersion
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I have added the calls to the standard LSO mission combining the VFA 113 and the AI LSO. Thank you to both organisations for the use of your software.

To use, download and copy all 3 files from the link below, and add the Sound Folder and the LUA file into the root directory of your C drive. The mission file can be placed along with all your other F/A-18C missions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... hlight=LSO

Add the mission attached here into your usual location:
VFA113LSOv2 inc LSO.miz
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 205 times
To use the mission, simply load it in the normal way, and make a pass at 350 knots and 800 ft to the starboard side of the Stennis at between 0.1 and 1.0 miles abeam and enter the landing pattern in the normal way. If you hear the new LSO calls, you will be out of parameters. You will hear the "Paddles Contact" call from the VFA113 package. The new LSO will call corrections to place you on centreline and glideslope when you're in the groove, and welcome you aboard before posting a score for the trap.

The files need to be placed in the root directory so we all have a common path to the files for use on the server.

Enjoy!
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I have tested the calls in Alan's mission, and it all works in multiplayer as advertised. You should have the update installed prior to Tuesday's flight if you wish to use it.

Just ensure you have the 2 relevant files loaded into your C drive root directory and the volume settings as detailed in the originator's post and you'll get correcting calls and wave-offs from the LSO. I understand it works for both Case 1 and Case 3 recoveries.

I will brief everyone on the other benefits of this mod in the pre-flight briefing.
ImageImageImage

WilloUK

Post by WilloUK »

have give the LSO mission a test , takes some getting used to as im not the best at carrier landing but with lots of practice and getting to understand what the ISO calls mean ,think it will eventually aid me and also think its a great addition to DCS World
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Neil, I have just flown the Server mission with the LSO, with the 'Sound Files.zip' and the 'LSO_Script_Release.lua', in my 'Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\F-18' folder.

It worked OK, so, as I suspected, I think that all the sound files etc, are incorporated in the Sever-loaded mission, and do not need to be on each individuals computer.

He's a picky bugger - that LSO - it's probably just as well that I am only getting 50% of what he says, otherwise I suspect I would be quite miffed.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I will make sure they're included on the server. I suspect that last night we didn't get calls because we didn't fly the Case 1 pattern. I understand the Case 3 stuff is still in development.

I must agree, they are very fussy these LSOs. But it is really difficult to nail a perfect trap too.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The latest version of the LSO mod is available here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223672

Please be sure to read the instructions. The installation is now simplified, only requiring the appropriate files embedding into the mission file. I shall do this for all the current CV related missions we fly and post them here shortly.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Here are the new modified missions to work with LSO calls v2.2:
Generic Caucasus Inc LSO Mission.miz
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
Flycos Mixed Trg Mission LSO V2c.miz
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
VFA113LSOv2 inc LSO.miz
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Alerax_LSO_Mission_v2.2.miz
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Neil I have just flown the new Generic Caucasus with LOS mission. I saw you airborne as I left but I had a call to answer, and by the time I got back you had left the Server.

The mission worked OK, but I did not get any LSO interaction, just the standard DCS ATC. I am not sure whether this was my set up or the Server's. Did you at any LSO responses?

I will download a copy and see if I can see what went wrong.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “F/A-18C Hornet”