Access to Servers Featuring New Carrier’s

Flyco
Site Admin

Access to Servers Featuring New Carrier’s

Post by Flyco »

Not sure where this should go, and maybe most of you have seen the announcement already. However, following on from last night’s discussion, I see that Waggs has announced that they will find a way to allow members who don’t own the new Carriers, to join servers that do have them installed.

I suspect that they may not be allowed to land and take-off from them, but it would mean that those who haven’t purchase them will be able to continue to use servers that have the carrier’s installed.

That prompts the question; will servers be able to include the new carriers without purchasing them. I suspect that they will, in line with the current system whereby servers I’d not need to “own” all the aircraft that are flyable on them.

It is going to make the building of missions including the carrier’s, by those who do not own them, little hit and miss. I am already having problems with including all the capabilities of the F-14, without owning it myself.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Access to Servers Featuring New Carrier’s

Post by Neil Willis »

If there are any issues, we will have to pass the mission once planned to someone who owns the carrier, or perhaps club together to purchase a couple of licenses for the planners?

I suspect you will be right regarding server licensing. It ought to be a free one for servers after the policy change.

Hopefully, they will pitch the license fee at something manageable for most of us. I am sure the extra facilities will make it worthwhile. I also saw that anyone who owns a license for the F/A-18C will get a "big" discount. I have faith in DCS World to be as fair as they can be.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “F/A-18C Hornet”