F-16C

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Re: F-16C

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

I believe the F-16 is going to be available in Autumn this year, once it is released I believe the discount will stop then. But don't take my word for it, that's what been discussed on the F-16 forum thread on the DCS website.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That's correct Paul. The reduced price is for early access licenses, which does inevitably mean you'll get a part finished product. The discount finishes the day the module is released into early access when it will revert to the full price.

The release date is never fixed in stone, so we get a pretty vague date, to begin with. The F-16 will be released "Early Autumn" so we can expect it mid Autumn at the latest, and they usually have to go to the wire to get as much done as possible. That indicates a release around mid-November to early December, so you have plenty of time to take advantage of the discounted price. There will usually be an announcement when the module is around 2 weeks from early access.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

ooh good i should have enough time to save some pennies then
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

WilloUK

Post by WilloUK »

Will be getting it on pay day, add to my list of planes I cant fly lol
But its fun learning
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

I have been looking for answers to why there is a disparity between the HUD cursar and the TGP cursar, from what I have gleaned there is a bug atm and it has been reported so a fix should be in progress, in seeking this I also discovered a rather convoluted/contradictory thread about the link between the above issue and INS alignment which suggested inputting the AC actual coords during the INS alignment, and or waiting the full 9 mins for the alignment to reach the optimal 6 ( a long time twiddling while you wait, memo to self leave the feking buttons alone)

I have noticed that the server default WP/Steepoint to the bombing range is accurate but if this WP/SP is edited (currently the only way to manually add a different WP/SP in the AC) it does not have the same accuracy.
There was a reply to this thread that suggested that using the "Stor HDG" would be a faster INS alignment, I have also tried using the coords of the AC from the F10 map inc the alt and it does seem to work ( on the ground as I did not have time to test the in flight accuracy.
Anyone have thoughts or suggestions

in addition would it be possible to add a few more WP/SP to the F16's nav via the mission editor? maybe one for Kutaisi and another for the Initial for the break plus a spare that can be edited whilst we await the updates to the nav system .
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Return to “F-16C Viper”