HSD - No SA 3 out of 4 missions

Neil Willis
Site Admin

HSD - No SA 3 out of 4 missions

Post by Neil Willis »

I have had some worrying issues with the F-16.

Today, on the Persian Gulf Generic mission, 3 out of 4 flights I had a completely blank SA screen. I knew there were both friendly and enemy ships close by, but nothing!

I also had no warning of incoming missiles twice. One I watched homing in on me and evaded successfully. The final one - no idea. I suspect these were all evidence of a buggy module.

Very annoying when you want to get some practice in ready for bagging plenty of A-10s on Tuesday.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Muff

Re: HSD - No SA 3 out of 4 missions

Post by Muff »

Didnt have any problems when i was on one hour ago, gonna be online at 8pm so ill have a look again if its working.

Mr_Sukebe

Post by Mr_Sukebe »

Neil,

Did you ensure that the INS had finished aligning? The SA only works if that's happened.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yes, that was definitely all carried out correctly each time. If anything, it worked the only timeI didn’t wait for the full alignment.

I shall be trying again tonight.
ImageImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

I will look at my whole Startup to see if I am doing something your not... however it does seem to be the very issue I experienced at the last armageddon I thought it was because we had Russian Awacs ... but this might not be the case
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I tried a hot start, and it worked then. Probably something wrong with the way I align the nav system.

I’m looking into it further.
ImageImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

I used the pictorial version before printing and laminating the text version
I have attatched both versions

I had a thought ensure you move the INS wafer switch to NAV, if your doing this via the Stor HDG ( fast align) rather than the Norm ( slower 9 min align) do so in one quick motion do not linger on Norm as it can reset the alignment accuracy counter back to 99 .
whislt at the same panel (just to the right of the INS switch )do rememeber to turn the MDS LVT to On ( zero- off -on ) Image
Attachments
F-16C Quick Checklist.pdf
(311.66 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
F16 Kneeboard.zip
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

It’s not that Maggsy. I used the full alignment, got down to 6 and it stayed there after I switched to Nav.

I honestly don’t think it was anything I was doing incorrectly. Very annoying when it means I have sod all idea what’s going on.

I hope things improve by Tuesday or I’m screwed!
ImageImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

Do not fret we will sort it out before Tuesday... I will run through Cold and Dark setups recording as I go until I replicate it or not ...once I have caused it to happen I can back track through the recording to see what is the difference..
A simple task could be to use the Module manager uninstall the F16 and then re-install it from DCS this does not change or remove your saved games folder settings for the F-16 and it might just be a bit of data thats got corrupted in and updates released.. ( it might take a few mins but worth it if its a easy fix)
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

if its the same as the F14 if you take off the hand brake it wont aligin , if you have such a thing or parking brake leave it on for the entireity of the alingnment.

Return to “F-16C Viper”