F-16 Oscillations in Flight

Flyco
Site Admin

F-16 Oscillations in Flight

Post by Flyco »

I recently flew the DCS F-16 in a mission. I had flown the mission 3 or 4 times before without problem. However, when I flew it last night, as part of the Squadron Mission night I experienced near-uncontrollable vertical oscillations. Having now flow it twice since then, the same thing occurs at about the same point in the sortie - about 20 minute in to the sortie.

The sortie is at 250 ft agl, and 420 kias. It goes well until I coast in after about 15 minutes over the sea. Within 3-5 minutes it suddenly starts dropping its nose quite violently. I can recover it but the oscillations continue to the point where it becomes almost impossible to continue the sortie. The speed was largely unchanged, but the delivery of weapons would have been almost impossible.

There are reports of this type of behaviour on the forum, but no clear description and no acknowledgement of it by DCS - who routinely ask for Track. I have recorded a track of it, but the recorded track always flies me into the sea before reaching the critical point.

Is this the problem you have come across on 3 Sqn, or have any of you experienced it?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

WilloUK

Re: F-16 Oscillations in Flight

Post by WilloUK »

Hi Alan, it's not something iv experienced fly the AC so I suspect that it might be a new bug
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Return to “F-16C Viper”