Problems looking for solutions.

Flyco
Site Admin

Problems looking for solutions.

Post by Flyco »

To Neal and other helpful experts. I recently replaced my old PC with a high-end Windows 11 one. However, I am haVing trouble in a couple of areas.

Apart from coping with the idiosyncrasies of Windows 11, my major problem, is that I am having great difficulty in locating and joining Multiplayer Server, particularly the RAF Air ones. Sometimes I can see 200 or more Multiplayer Servers, other times I can only see a handful, and occasionally I can see none. Even when I can see Servers, when I try to join, I am often (but not always) unable to join and fly. It is the randomness that I find puzzling.

The second problem only accentuates the main one. I am unable to install TeamSpeak; Version 3 or 5, making getting live help difficult.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Wee Neal 0414

Re: Problems looking for solutions.

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Alan

I would start with the basics (which you of course may have already done):

a. Use an updater to check drivers are current https://bit-guardian.com/downloadpage/? ... um=ddlsite
this one is a reasonable one.

b. Load Java

c. Check all the .net software is up to date.

More to follow. :)

Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Hi Alan,

I had the exact same problem as you regarding the Multiplayer servers last year and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out.

However, I had a chat to big newy about the issue and he said that if the server ping is too high DCS doesn't always display the servers. I used to see about 250 at it's worst 500 at best.

If I used a VPN and connected to say france or america then voila, all the servers appeared again.

MY FIX: I completely reset my router and my internet settings in windows and it seemed to do the trick.

I'm not saying this will work for you though as i've not made the jump to Windows 11 yet. It could however give you another area of your setup to look at.

Regarding Teamspeak, could your antivirus be thinking it's a problem? How are your admin permissions setup?

I hope you find the answer, Good luck.

Andy
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks for the above advice, guys. Not fixed yet, but you set me on the lines of looking at my Internet connection.

I use Norton, with the VPN engaged. I tried it with the VPN shut down, and all the usual DCS websites appeared. Consequently, I have sent a message to Norton to ask for their advice. I have used Norton for over 20 years now and have always been happy with their products. I will wait and see what they say.

Thanks again.
Image Image Image Image

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Hi Alan,

Are you saying you shut down the VPN and all the servers appeared again or have I misread what you've written?

Have you tried to install teamspeak with your antivirus shut down?

Have you added the program to the safe programs list?

Sorry if these questions have already been asked.

Andy
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks for your interest Beanie.

Yes, With the VPN on, I could only see around 20-30 servers, with none of them RAFAir. I closed down DCS, disabled the VPN, ran DCS again and could see around 1200 servers including 3 RAF Air ones. Re-enabled VPN, and was back to around 30-40! Clearly a very tight VPN. I am awaiting Norton’s response (with hope rather than expectation of any response). Since I use this PC almost solely for DCS etc, and a laptop or Apple pad for finances etc, this would be liveable-with.

I will try running DCS as a trusted program - good idea.

As for Teamspeak, Norton (or some other bit of software) will not even let me download TS3. TS5 is downloaded, but will not accept my name and password - or any name and password, and so will not run.

Thanks for the input. I will soldier on.

The good news is that the PC runs DCS, on 3 screens at 60 Hz, like lightning compared to my old machine.
Image Image Image Image

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Hi Alan,

Here is the Teamspeak 3 64 bit file https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar6GydPKhlHikCElq3H ... d?e=yTxki7. I have downloaded it and put it in my One Drive

Just download it. Currently it is named TeamSpeak3-Client-win64-3.5.6.zip

Simply change the .zip extension to be .exe and bob's your uncle, it should allow you to install.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks Richard; I’ll give it a whirl. God preserve us from nannying Microsoft!
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I’m back on the Server! Very embarrassing - I did not have all the mods installed. I had not appreciated that it would not put up a warning, but simply ignore you. All I need to do now is try and find my RAF Air password - it has been 10 years since I last used it.

Still a way to go, but at least I am making progress - Microsoft WIn11 still won’t run the TacView you sent me. Still that should not be too difficult to sort out. I should be back on line shortly.

Thanks to all who suggested solutions - if nothing else, they made me think.
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Strange usually it will always show servers even if you do not have the required mods?

As long asyou are online!

Password is: rafair
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Website & Forum Bugs, Issues or Suggestions”