Site Admin

1(F) Squadron Intent

Post by Matt »

RAFAIR%201%20SQN%20Crest.png
RAFAIR%201%20SQN%20Crest.png (237.76 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
1(F) Squadron

Squadron Motto
In omnibus princeps

Mission Statement: "To generate, operate and sustain effective Combat Air power in all tasked roles and environments."

Number 1 Squadron, also known as No. 1 (Fighter) Squadron, is a squadron of the Royal Air Force. It was the first squadron to fly a VTOL aircraft.

The squadron motto, In omnibus princeps ("First in all things") reflects the squadron's status as the RAF's oldest unit, having been involved in almost every major British military operation from the First World War to the present time. These include the Second World War, Suez Crisis, Falklands War, Gulf War, Kosovo War, Operation Telic (Iraq) and Operation Herrick (Afghanistan).

1 Squadron operated the Harrier from 1969 until its retirement from service in 2010.

RAF Air UK formed 1(F) Squadron in October 2019 since then it has led operations utilising the RAZBAM DCS AV8B NA for missions ranging from low level CAS, Air Interdiction, Battlefield Air Interdiction, Armed Reconnaissance, Strike Operations, Offensive Counter Air, Reconnaissance, Forward Air Controller Airborne, Strike Coordination and Reconnaissance, DEAD and COIN operations in all theatres of DCS World.

1(F) Squadron have often found themselves embarked aboard HMS Invincible for operations around the globe but are also not strangers to operating from the LHA-1 Tawara of the US Navy.

1(F) Squadron is always happy to welcome Harrier pilots of all skill sets and abilities to join its ever growing ranks.
200px-RAF_1_Sqn_Shield.svg.png
200px-RAF_1_Sqn_Shield.svg.png (37.5 KiB) Viewed 1718 times

RAF_1_Sqn.svg.png
RAF_1_Sqn.svg.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Robbo

Re: 1(F) Squadron Intent

Post by Robbo »

Sounds top notch to me! 👍 Looking forward to learning and playing my part.
Plt Off Ian 'Robbo' Robson
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yes I really want to make the Harrier a stable member of RAF Air missions, so we need to prove to everyone how useful it really is.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Nice job Mukka Matt

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Matt wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 18:56 yes I really want to make the Harrier a stable member of RAF Air missions, so we need to prove to everyone how useful it really is.
i feel for the mission planners if all these squadrons fill up! i have a dream to get a red air squadron added into the mix at some point :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

To be honest it's not that hard to do, we've been doing it for the A10C, F18 and F14 for ages.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “1(F) Squadron”