Helmets and Squadron Liveries

Aircraft: F14B
Father Cool

Re: Helmets and Squadron Liveries

Post by Father Cool »

I am planning to do one large file yes so it makes installation easier.

I will zip them into a file which can be extracted and installed using OvGME as thats what I use to manage mods, however if you don't use it the file structure will be in the zip file anyway so that you just unzip it and copy the core folder directly into your dcs file for it to work, all the luas etc will be in place.

I certainly recommend OvGME though as it allows you to turn mods on and off at will. Handy for updates.

I still have mods to finish off on these ac and Ferret and Beanies liveries to finish as well as the helmets, so probably a couple of weeks away if done as I'm planning.

If you would prefer we dribble them in piecemeal then we can do that instead, depends what you as a group want to do. We also need to address the rest of RAFAIRUK installing them as well at some point.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Would you be willing to work your magic for the F-16 Squadron when the current project is complete FC?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I highly doubt you'll get the rest of the group will install them, its alot of skins for guys that don't use the jet, which is why we have steered away in the past, but by all means you F14 guys see each other in personal skins but we will have the jets defaulted to the generic black nose F14B that Father made in missions or else it's a whole other pain for mission builders to assign slots to specific pilots just for a skin (whereas you guys can jump in a jet and set it yourself)

And I think we can all agree that mission builders have enough to do to make this mission to a high standard then playing with skins on each individual F14 :lol:

But I'm a fan of personal skins, I just think we cannot expect the whole group to install them for the same of vanity :lol:
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

nope nope just asking please continue in your own good time no rush at all. As for the rest of RAFAIR seeing them and installing the skins ( as helmets are only visble to us in the pit) its up to them as we are normally at 36k doing mach 2.2 with our hair on fire so the chance of them seeing us is very slim.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That works for us.

All I will see of F-14s is flames in my hud though :D :D
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hopefully not if your flying a red F16 :lol:
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

It never stopped Maggsy lol
ImageImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Matt wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 13:24 Hopefully not if your flying a red F16 :lol:

ok chaps neil is flying the 16 painted red set radar lock ....... and oh wait doing a maggsey then

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Nah you’re safe Mutley. I couldn’t even hit you guys when I was flying blue. Those pesky phoenixes are murder!

I thought it’d be better to be on your side to avoid the buggers!
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Matt wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 13:19 I highly doubt you'll get the rest of the group will install them, its alot of skins for guys that don't use the jet, which is why we have steered away in the past, but by all means you F14 guys see each other in personal skins but we will have the jets defaulted to the generic black nose F14B that Father made in missions or else it's a whole other pain for mission builders to assign slots to specific pilots just for a skin (whereas you guys can jump in a jet and set it yourself)

And I think we can all agree that mission builders have enough to do to make this mission to a high standard then playing with skins on each individual F14 :lol:

But I'm a fan of personal skins, I just think we cannot expect the whole group to install them for the same of vanity :lol:
I'll need to get a replacement lua for eveyone to install in RAFAIRUK so that they see the default F14 as our black tail version or else they will see the last ride when we wear our skins.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “11(F) Squadron”