OP Northern Clout

Aircraft: F14B
Father Cool

Re: OP Northern Clout

Post by Father Cool »

I don't know. It didn't seem to give me any lag issues during the mission, I had a few stuttery moments up in the mountains at low level but nothing game breaking.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

All very valid points, lots to work on , as there always is of course.
From a personal PoV I mixed it having got too close, SA was non existent on my part once the knife fight started, however out of something bad comes something good, and that was we need to start working hard on the basics, having said that, it was the first time for quite awhile that I'd unleashed any air to air ordnance having concentrated on the Lantirn ( no excuse ).
Myself and Father had quite a lengthy chat after the mission re all aspects and hopefully we can start to get our act together.
The Harrier Squadron were fantastic, well done boys, I watched them all make their way back to the Tawara and land, awesome.

As Neil said it was more to test the server, which it did, and the mission was a success so not all bad :lol: :lol:

Nice to be back on a Tues night and flying in our own server, Having got taken out far too early I did enjoy the sortie and looking forward to next Tues, hopefully being far more switched on than I was last night.

Thanks Guys
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

The server seemed fine to me,
I initially thought uzi had failed to protect te a10s but apparantly it was sams and not migs that got them.
As stated we were all rusty and i made an iffy descision in hindsight taking a new guy iut as my backseater and dropping him in the deep end, i take responsability and apologise for that.
Comms are a work and progress as are bvr tactics, we really need to stay away from furballs wherever possible.
Working as 2 sepeate pairs worked quite well imo and we made the right descision not to get involved in an already messy situation with the othe uzi pair plus neil, i beleive that led to the blue on blue.
Awacs is a big problem for tomcats because we hafe little in the way of sa.
Either inexperianced rio or a bug meant i personally had zero iff all night, i only fired on a 3 ship heading for me because i knew there was nobody else there and we had closure speed of 1300 knots! The 3 phoenix performed perfectly resulting in all 3 splashed, father chased the 4th into a hillmy tacview file was dead so if anybody has the file id like to watch it please
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Can't speak for all the A-10s, but in my case it was certainly a Mig-29 that hit me. I was at 26,000 ft and clearly picked up his radar lock and firing indication. I was then hit again within the next minute, by which time I was lower and had no cockpit displays, so that could have been a Tor or Tunguska.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “11(F) Squadron”