Finally in the basket

Aircraft: F14B
Alien

Re: Finally in the basket

Post by Alien »

Father Cool wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 19:30 It went in pretty quick last night and then it was in and out like a fiddlers elbow. Just need to calm it down and keep it in there til its full. As you could see I managed to fill it up in sips!

I was beginning to think that it was impossible but now I have something to aim for!
Likewise mate, I had a few baskets tonight, transfer complete is just a few more practice runs at it :lol: :lol:
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Had another little go last night after our mission debrief/chat. Seemed a little easier to get in this time and I did one hook up that lasted about 30 secs or so until the tanks were full, need emptier tanks I think. Keeping the formation tight enough to not push in too far or drop back so as to lose the drogue is getting easier but its very much a feel rather than science.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

It's exactly that mate, a feeling, not science. Keep at it. I will be having a go tonight because as I have said before I can do it in the tomcat but not easily and AAR is a massively demonishing skill so it needs doing regularly, even when we are good at it.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Nice job mate :D
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor