Mission apology

Aircraft: F14B
Mad dog

Mission apology

Post by Mad dog »

Gents,

I am very sorry about the mission tonight. I got a huge rubberband and then disconnected. I didn't think we were allowed to respawn so I went to spectators and watched you all having fun.

Looked like you all had a laugh and gained a few things to talk over for future.

One thing to point out though is that XI Sqn did the lions share of killing things in the air!
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

john (scooby)

Re: Mission apology

Post by john (scooby) »

Pongo wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 21:05 Gents,

I am very sorry about the mission tonight. I got a huge rubberband and then disconnected. I didn't think we were allowed to respawn so I went to spectators and watched you all having fun.

Looked like you all had a laugh and gained a few things to talk over for future.

One thing to point out though is that XI Sqn did the lions share of killing things in the air!
it was a bit messy tbh, really frustrated with bugs early on forced most of us to respawn at batumi
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Yep, I saw. The carriers are borked at the moment, I think they need to be left out until the super carriers come because each patch brings out some other issue with the existing ones in preparation for the super carriers.

I noticed that the radar was having a drama keeping a lock on anything as well.

I noticed other things that made life difficult for folk, but those are for another day 😉
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I think it's the carrier moving too fast tbh. The game is probably struggling to synchronise the ship and aircraft position at that speed.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Eshark

Post by Eshark »

I enjoyed the dog fight I even managed to get a couple of kills with sidewinder , and got a few rounds off with the gun On a L39 , but one question is there a range limit on the sparrow every time I go to them I can’t get a lock with them what am I doing wrong ? When I go to lock I only get STT option in menus , but I am sure sparrow is on a different lock PTT perhaps ?

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

You got one on the Tacview buddy. We had a nice little 11 squadron debrief after.

The AIM 7M is good for about 50 miles but you can't lock it that far out.

You are best locking the bandit with a PAL lock which has a max range of 15 miles you have to keep the plane pointed at the target after launch though as Sparrows are semi active which means of you lose lock with your radar the missile loses lock also and goes safe.

You don't want to be faffing with jester locking those on.

I was goingvthrough the video footage last night for a few hours and I was wondering why you weren't firing the sparrows, there were several L39s bang to rights and you ended up leaving them.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Once I get bandits within 10-15 miles it's time to "do some of that pilot shit" as Jester keeps saying, I mug Jester off and go with PAL and PLM mate. Heaters and Sparrows are deadly using those modes close in.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Correct. I never use Jester under 20 miles.

Edit: Correcting my stupid typos!
Last edited by Father Cool on 29 Apr 2020, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

rule of thumb Gents

Target within visal range ie 1 mile or less Guns

Target within 1 -5 miles sidewinder

Target within 5 - 15mile Sparow

target within 15 - 60 mile AGM 54 big stick

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Eshark wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 08:09 I enjoyed the dog fight I even managed to get a couple of kills with sidewinder , and got a few rounds off with the gun On a L39 , but one question is there a range limit on the sparrow every time I go to them I can’t get a lock with them what am I doing wrong ? When I go to lock I only get STT option in menus , but I am sure sparrow is on a different lock PTT perhaps ?
The sparrow doesnt have a radar, you use the awg9 mate. It can only guide the sparrow with stt lock aswell iirc, pilot modes are stt so they work too.
Range depends lol 10 miles is reasonable. Higher closure speed and hughe altitude means more range
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “11(F) Squadron”