Johns Super Tomcat

Aircraft: F14B
Father Cool

Re: Johns Super Tomcat

Post by Father Cool »

mach 0.71 or there abouts. It's on the video. About 40 seconds in. Thing is both you and Shane were accelerating faster than me on the run out from the ship. I launched simultaneously with you and Shane was launched just after (although his plane was about level with mine at takeoff due to me being launched from Cat 3 and him Cat 2.

I should have been matching you for speed the whole way as we were actually launched at the same moment albeit I would be behind by the difference between Cat 1 and Cat 3. That wasn't the case and even Shane flew right by me where he should have been lagging on the acceleration curve.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:44 mach 0.71 or there abouts. It's on the video. About 40 seconds in. Thing is both you and Shane were accelerating faster than me on the run out from the ship. I launched simultaneously with you and Shane was launched just after (although his plane was about level with mine at takeoff due to me being launched from Cat 3 and him Cat 2.

I should have been matching you for speed the whole way as we were actually launched at the same moment albeit I would be behind by the difference between Cat 1 and Cat 3. That wasn't the case and even Shane flew right by me where he should have been lagging on the acceleration curve.
Flaps and gewr up?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Yep both up straight off the deck.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Cav,
My throttles are set as per. ( Warthog Throttles, Pitch and Roll is personal preference I know but thought I'd put them up anyway )

If you have a bit of time tomorrow ./ weekend lets go clean fatigue and do a sim launch and see what the bobby is.
Deadzone =11
Sat X =100
Sat y = 100
Curve = 0
Slider Box Ticked

Pitch
Deadzone 2
Sat x 100
Sat y 100
Curve 6

Roll
Deadzone 2
Sat X 100
Sat y 100
Curve 12
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Yeah that would be good. I have a custom curve on my throttle to tailor the position of the gate.

It is kinda straight from zero to where the gate is and then it curves through the AB zone to set the gate position directly on the throttle detent. It may be that my curve is a touch wonky since I redid it compared to previously and there is a touch of fat beyond the gate I can use but will need to test. It looks to be at 10 on the cockpit gauge, do I need to try to get it over 10 at the detent but not quite in reheat, maybe?
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Wait out, I'll give mine a check over shortly
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Just had a look over mine. It seems that at the detent I was only at 95%.

I've managed to tweak it now to be on the brink of AB at the detent. I get a solid 99 to 100 on the gauge now.

Hopefully that will have sorted it.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “11(F) Squadron”