Tuesday 17th March

Father Cool

Tuesday 17th March

Post by Father Cool »

As nothing has been posted so far I thought that I would ask if anyone wants to try out my Lantirn training mission on my server.

I've not tested it yet so likely to need some tweaks but should give us a chance to practice. If you haven't done so already, please download the target document from the A/G section so that we know what we are looking for on the map!

I'm planning to assemble at 19:30 zulu witha view to brief at 19:45 zulu, however I will be popping out beforehand so may be late in. This will be a nice ease into using the Lantirn so into cockpit time will depend on where we are in the brief.

Please let me know here who will be attending and whether you have sorted your controls.

We will run this again soon as Scooby is also keen to start this on a Wednesday or Monday Night.

Cheers
FC
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Re: Tuesday 17th March

Post by john (scooby) »

got a link to the mod and instructions how to install it mate?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Check my A/G section mate theres a link in there.

Not at my pc at the mo.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

in most deff if only to see what a cock up ive made of the crontrols i spent a hr tolling over lol

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Haha awesome.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Many thanks to father for his hard work setting this up , right down to the graphis on the breifing screen.

i really enjoyed last night dispite me tripping over my fingers and messing up my controls, but i did get the squirrl or was it a ant hard to tell from where i was.

so many thanks Father, i will chase your promotion paper work .

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I just want to say thanks for all who showed up last night, was great fun even if we had issues in the beginning.

I think we may need a few one on ones at the beginning to get everyone upto speed though as nailing down the controls at this point seems to be the stumbling block.

After Mutley and Shark left, me and Shane ran another sortie and this time we programmed the targets into our Nav system manually which worked a treat. We found targets locked and bombed although there seemed to be issues with the GBU 12s not behaving correctly, missing the laser, steering off course, when dropped from high altitude. Some experimentation is needed to see if its just poor deployment or a munition issue.

I will tweak the mission issues and upload it to here to allow us to practice in our own time too.

A little video of me taking out the Target 2 vehicles in tight quarters with a GBU16.

https://youtu.be/kQ_ZOioI3d0

Regards
FC
Last edited by Father Cool on 18 Mar 2020, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

wow

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Slow mo of previous video.

You can see the bomb coming in and the shockwave as it hits. DCS is so good at this.

https://youtu.be/QVNXd3EChv0
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Thanks for last night FC, really enjoyed it,
I think I might change my Slew Hat, when i pull on the pinkie / modifier it can and does lift the nose a little, at the same time I'm using my thumb on the Trim Hat, therefore I'm going to see how it works by using the Throttle Hat ie wing sweep, the Trim hat will then be my QDES / S4 Controls, see how it goes
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Return to “Training Wing”