Entering the Pit

Alien

Entering the Pit

Post by Alien »

Hi Guys,
Throwing a quickie out there to see if anyone else is having the following problem,

When I enter for eg: Instant Action, cold start. I am in the pit but have to press escape then resume before I am able to do anything.
Likewise when going into multiplayer I have no listing of aircraft therefore am unable to enter a pit, any pit, its as though I;m spectating
This is also happening when I try to fly the Lantirn mission, Ive ran repair 4 times now and no change,
2 screenshots I took, one from the Lantirn mission and the other in our server.
Attachments
Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 08.16.56.52.png
Digital Combat Simulator Black Shark Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 08.16.56.52.png (1020.6 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 08.13.27.24.png
Digital Combat Simulator Black Shark Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 08.13.27.24.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 2524 times
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Alien

Re: Entering the Pit

Post by Alien »

Sorted.
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

What was the issue?
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

It's a strange one mucker and absolutely no idea how it came about. it's now come back again, :(
When I load your Lantirn miz for eg, the first pic I see is of the tanks in the village but no listing of aircraft slots to choose from, hence that particular screenshot,

When I do manage to get in a pit I have to press escape / Resume before I can do anything, ie I get big clunk sound when I've entered the pit.

I went on a server last night and the same thing happened, however I clicked my mouse on the opening MP screen and the aircraft slot listing came up so was able to fly, I've repaired god knows how many times but to no avail, I even downloaded the whole DCS thing again on Sat and put it on my E drive only to find that it shared files from my C :\ drive which buggered the whole thing up, took me 5hrs before I got it all back and running.
Your Lantirn miz file , I've downloaded twice, uninstalled / reinstalled and still cant get in to the pit.

Other than that mate , everything is cushty :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Alien

If I understand, it happens in a specific mission, right?

If so, it can be due some script the mission has.
If you have control on that mission, try to delay the aircraft time to 5 sec after mission time and see if it works.

Why it also happens in the server is very strange indeed, I would suggest to see in in ED forum there is some thread.

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

We have flown this mission unchanged Luis dozens of times with no issues. It makes no sense that its the mission, however it wouldn't hurt to try the delay.

I will have a go with it as well this lunch break and see if I have issues.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Just tried the mission several times and it starts up perfectly each time with the a/c choice menu and enters the pit fine.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Father Cool wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 11:14 We have flown this mission unchanged Luis dozens of times with no issues. It makes no sense that its the mission, however it wouldn't hurt to try the delay.

I will have a go with it as well this lunch break and see if I have issues.
If the mission don't have any scripts, my thought doesn't apply anyway... just try help.
what caught my attention was Alien phrase " I am in the pit but have to press escape then resume before I am able to do anything."
I had the same issue on a mission using DCS-SimpleRangeScript-master from Ciribob, despite the attention call he makes, I always fall into error, I decided to delay the start of the aircraft 5 seconds, but this is due time for the script to load.

Another issue I had a few months ago was due to windows update. If Alien hasn't done it, it's worth a try.

I apologize, as I did not notice that it was a post within the 11th squad. As I also had some problems to the point of uninstalling and installing DCS, I know the inconvenience it means...
Hope it helps
Cheers

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

No apology necessary Luis, your help is most welcome. I am just really starting with mission building so I will welcome your input in the future for sure.

Of course you are most welcome to comment in the 11th squadron forum it's not an exclusive area!
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

I'm a ME fan, as much as A-10C. (In fact is where I spend most of my time in DCS)
If you want I would be very happy to help design specific missions to F14.

Return to “Training Wing”