A/G Training mission

Father Cool

A/G Training mission

Post by Father Cool »

Here's a copy of the Lantirn training mission with added ground to air defences, convoy to attack and Air to Air threat near Batumi and Kobuleti.

It is intended as a universal training scenerio for the squadron which should allow us to practice basic flight procedures, air to ground with both laser guided lantirn munitions, air to ground unguided munitions and air to air verses AI aircraft. The Stennis will also allow us to practice carrier ops.

As time goes on I will add scenarios to the mission and re-upload for you to update as required. Currently I haven't added AWACs or AAR however I intend to do so to allow us to practice AAR as I think that it is something that we should be able to do regardless of how useful it is to us at present. Whilst our squadron is not generally as regimented as say the OCU I do think that we need to have a certain level of competence with regard to certain procedures if we are to be taken seriously as a valued battlefield asset.
F14 General aa-ag training mission.miz
(9.33 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Re: A/G Training mission

Post by john (scooby) »

i smell a 2 pair mission, 2 fighter sweep, 2 bombing run
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Currently the fighters are far enough away from the bombing area to allow for intentional triggers so as to practice individual skills as the sessions dictate however I can certainly tweak the mission to give us air to air bounces during bombing sorties.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

this what me and Shane spent hours on over the weekend, great job so far
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Yes I'm currently adding to this to make it a real training playground. I will issue updates as more things are added!
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

To be honest Shaggy re your Mission to encapsulate all aspects of our beautiful aircraft, I think Father has it here and being able to add / subtract as and when it dictates,
You two get your grey cells working in unison and we have an endless supply of scenarios / missions. That whole western coastline can be our very own playground
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Alien wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 13:26 To be honest Shaggy re your Mission to encapsulate all aspects of our beautiful aircraft, I think Father has it here and being able to add / subtract as and when it dictates,
You two get your grey cells working in unison and we have an endless supply of scenarios / missions. That whole western coastline can be our very own playground
loves it when ya talk dirty

Return to “Training Missions”