Navgrid Setup

Alien

Navgrid Setup

Post by Alien »

Word Document for setting up Navgrid
Sectors and degrees are subject to change depending on mission type / scope, Lead RIO will brief prior to startup.
Attachments
NAVGRID SETUP.docx
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Mutley

Re: Navgrid Setup

Post by Mutley »

nice one shane, may i surgest that from now on Lead RIO (Shaggy) will brief every one on the ramp after we are all Alined , sames ahave to say the same thing 7 times.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Mutley wrote: 18 May 2020, 11:59 nice one shane, may i surgest that from now on Lead RIO (Shaggy) will brief every one on the ramp after we are all Alined , sames ahave to say the same thing 7 times.
i had to read that 7 times and i get the gist but i still dont know what you actually said :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

We've already agreed on that Mutley, Likewise with the Comms, ie Start up, Taxi , Hold short, Configure for departure, Takeoff procedure,
If we do it each time we are in the pit it will become muscle memory and the guys will get more confident on the comms.
Last nights trng was a good start, both Sharky and Scooby used correct procedure and it was good to hear.
It will take a few goes at it before it becomes the norm, i would suggest that each pilot take the role of Lead whilst on the Ramp so they can practice the comms procedure prior to us all getting in the air,
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Good suggestion and no problems from me, I'm happy to go lead for the practice.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Return to “Training Missions”