Case 3 Recovery Night

Alien

Case 3 Recovery Night

Post by Alien »

I can't remember the last time I did a night time case 3, did some trng last night with 892, Chris, Neil and moi started off with an attack on Bassel al Assad which was all going rather well until we disturbed an SA 3 which had the audacity to take us all out :lol:

Neil was in much need of his beauty sleep which left me and Gizzy to attempt a case 3 recovery, it was dark, in fact it was very very dark, first attempt for both of us was ye olde bolter bolter, followed by a 2 wire for moi and a 3 wire for Gizzy.

As you can see from my Trap sheet I was absolutely on the glide path all the way in. NOT. :lol:
Attachments
Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.10.14 - 22.03.31.96.jpg
Digital Combat Simulator Black Shark Screenshot 2021.10.14 - 22.03.31.96.jpg (263.6 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Case 3 Recovery Night

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Nice one,
I've not seen the trap sheet before, is that a mod or script or something.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

wish i couldve joined you
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

0405 Andrew wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 06:28 Nice one,
I've not seen the trap sheet before, is that a mod or script or something.
No mate, it's part of the kneeboard, I don't know for sure but I would think you have the same in the Hornet ?
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Nice work buddy, I am not a case 3 fan. Scared of the dark! :lol: :lol:
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

john (scooby) wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 09:55 wish i couldve joined you
It was fun mate.

I've had a few convos with Chris recently and it makes alot of sense in that we could / should train together, afterall we are Naval. Not only that but Chris is a wealth of knowledge in all things DCS and we can all benefit from him and inter co operability with 892,

So thursdays and no mission tuesdays will be combined trng with 892, I can only see positives in doing this in all aspects of flying, Chris has allowed me to grab 892's Trng program alot of which can apply to the Tomcat.

He is looking at making short missions where various aspects of Aviation, Communication & Navigation can be practiced and scored thereby getting a tick in the box and then advancing to the next level. I know we are short on numbers, down to 7 I think. each mission night 892 can and does field 7 a/c, I'd like to think we can get back to those sort of numbers but I do understand that real life takes precedence.
ImageImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Father Cool wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 11:18 Nice work buddy, I am not a case 3 fan. Scared of the dark! :lol: :lol:

I must admit I was a little anxious when Chris said ' dya fancy a case 3 ' it was as black as a witches tit mate :lol:
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

haha iv always liked flying with chris. ask him abut when he my copilot in ZERO vis nav excercise in the huey!!! :lol: :lol:
ps ask em if they fancy a little dogfight league them vs us
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Alien wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 11:28
john (scooby) wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 09:55 wish i couldve joined you
It was fun mate.

I've had a few convos with Chris recently and it makes alot of sense in that we could / should train together, afterall we are Naval. Not only that but Chris is a wealth of knowledge in all things DCS and we can all benefit from him and inter co operability with 892,

So thursdays and no mission tuesdays will be combined trng with 892, I can only see positives in doing this in all aspects of flying, Chris has allowed me to grab 892's Trng program alot of which can apply to the Tomcat.

He is looking at making short missions where various aspects of Aviation, Communication & Navigation can be practiced and scored thereby getting a tick in the box and then advancing to the next level. I know we are short on numbers, down to 7 I think. each mission night 892 can and does field 7 a/c, I'd like to think we can get back to those sort of numbers but I do understand that real life takes precedence.
Sounds good to me, flying time for me is dismal at the moment but I'm hoping to get some time back soon.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Real Life F14's & F18's launch from the Teddy :) Note the humour on the Tomcat underneath the names.... Commanding Officer and FATHEAD - I wonder 'shaggy' maybe ?

Kind Regards
Chris :)

Return to “Training Missions”