A-10C OCU

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: A-10C OCU

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I'd be very to help also, even though I have a long way to go.
It took me a while to set up my hardware, different problems with keybinds etc.
I had a nightmare with srs, it was nothing to do with srs in the end, I needed to use a powered USB hub for my joystick.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

oz555 wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 13:51 I watched a 30 minute documentary on Tor this morning,
Hi Mike,
Do you have a link?
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

oz555

Post by oz555 »

0405 Andrew wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 09:46
oz555 wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 13:51 I watched a 30 minute documentary on Tor this morning,
Hi Mike,
Do you have a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=objljEE7B6M&t=1082s

Not particularly technical, but an interesting watch.
Flight Lieutenant Mike Ozanne - RAF Air UK
Image Image
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Children, Children! What have I told you about watching scary films late at night.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

oz555

Post by oz555 »

Just doing my homework as requested....I wouldn't want to get another D minus from the tyrannical headmaster....
Image Image
Image Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Really scary movies that we've been watching lately :D

Well, I did a mission (a little in a hurry) with all the SAM's available in DCS (Except SA 10) From the USA and Russians (all as hostile to A-10C flights Hawg and Boar).

Through the F10 menu we can spawn them and then just choose the waypoint accordingly and SAM will be on our TGP.
I did this mission for 3 purposes.

1st Identification of similar SAMS
2nd approach strategy
3rd Which unit to shoot down to disable the entire SAM (usually the radar)

It is still in the testing phase, it may still have some errors, but I think that you can already live a real horror movie :)

In a next version I will make the search radar units (SR) explode by F10 menu, as well as those of tracking units (TR) because, at this moment, it seems to me that SAMS that have both (modern ones) keep active but with shorter range. So, for the training purposes we will be able to remotely disable one of the units and see if the SAM still lounches.

I have the miz file at disposal for those who would like, just send me a PM and I answer with the link for one drive.
it is done for A 10, but it can be changed on the miz file.

Hope everyone enjoy it, and please any issues you find report to me.

Cheers

John D'Arcy

Post by John D'Arcy »

Hi Luis
Thanks for the hard work
pm sent.

John

oz555

Post by oz555 »

0413 Luis wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 00:43 Really scary movies that we've been watching lately :D

Well, I did a mission (a little in a hurry) with all the SAM's available in DCS (Except SA 10) From the USA and Russians (all as hostile to A-10C flights Hawg and Boar).

Through the F10 menu we can spawn them and then just choose the waypoint accordingly and SAM will be on our TGP.
I did this mission for 3 purposes.

1st Identification of similar SAMS
2nd approach strategy
3rd Which unit to shoot down to disable the entire SAM (usually the radar)

It is still in the testing phase, it may still have some errors, but I think that you can already live a real horror movie :)

In a next version I will make the search radar units (SR) explode by F10 menu, as well as those of tracking units (TR) because, at this moment, it seems to me that SAMS that have both (modern ones) keep active but with shorter range. So, for the training purposes we will be able to remotely disable one of the units and see if the SAM still lounches.

I have the miz file at disposal for those who would like, just send me a PM and I answer with the link for one drive.
it is done for A 10, but it can be changed on the miz file.

Hope everyone enjoy it, and please any issues you find report to me.

Cheers
Myself and Falcon just spent a few hours in your mission Luis. Really impressed with the layout and the waypoint labelling. Just what we need to improve our target recognition. . Thank you for all the hard work.
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Training Mission Briefings”