Training Flt on 12 Mar

Flyco
Site Admin

Training Flt on 12 Mar

Post by Flyco »

Luis, thanks for laying on the sortie last night. Sorry if my SRS problems delayed the start. I have a few comments about the sortie, which are meant to be helpful - so please don't take offence at them.

The first is the TacView - I don't know why, but I got nothing on mine but my own aircraft. I have not seen that problem before. I would not know how to start advising how to fix it, but it is a major show-stopper.

As we discussed, the mission would benefit from a longer T/O to target time. As it was, with the very heavy aircraft we had, we were only around 10,000 to 12,000 ft when we started our attacks. At that stage we were well within range of the enemy air defences, as we all learned to our costs. That does not excuse me from sitting there, with my mind in neutral, instead of fencing in, getting orientated and warming up my weapons ready for use. I never really go into the attack element of the mission, and I apologise for that.

I understand that you had allocated another flight for SEAD, but if it hasn't been completed, we should have left the primary targets to make the area safe by identifying and destroying the most lethal of the enemy AD. I will know better next time! I also have doubts about the ability to combine manned and AI elements in the Blue team. I suggest you should look at keeping the AI confined to the Red team. There was no shortage of aircraft around, but most of them seemed to be AI doing their own things.

If you cannot be sure how many Blue ac are going to turn up (or how long they are going to survive!), look at putting in triggers to activate the Red air. Typically, when I put Red AD in a mission, I set them to trigger in stages, started by the main Blue force entering the target zone, and with their number adjusted according to how many, and what type, of Blue ac are left. I also spawn Red AD in pairs, once the main AD force has been sufficiently depleted. You should also try and include an AWACs so that Blue can get advanced notice of incoming fighters, and judge when it is time to 'bug out' and run for home.

I am not sure whether you have flown 'Op Deep Valley' with us, but that usually finishes up with the Blue fighter cover either running out of fuel, or getting bored, and going home, before the A-10s have finished their task. Paul and I plus our gallant 'mud-movers' then keep an ear open for AWACs to let us know what is coming inbound, and when it gets too nasty we dump our stores, dive for the deck, and run for home through the hills. That makes a really exciting end to the evening.

I look forward to flying this with you again in the future - I promise I will try and do better. In the meantime, if you want any help, even if it is just someone to fly with you when testing, don't hesitate to ask - and I am sure Paul will say the same.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0413 Luis

Re: Training Flt on 12 Mar

Post by 0413 Luis »

Hi Alan.
Thank you very much for your comment.

I think you were very nice, elegant and above all constructive.

I confess that after we finished yesterday I was a little discouraged ... I did so many tests and everything went so well, that I took the initiative to ask that a test be done with the human component, and that's what we saw.

Clearly, I shouldn't count on blue units for tasks that compromise the successful execution of the mission, it was too ambitious.
But as a test, I must say it was a very positive experience. I can only learn from it and thank everyone who participated.

Yes, I will need all the help I can get, and being able to count on the help of someone with more experience, both DCS and RL aviation is a privilege. I will try to do my best.

I feel very good at 97th, it is my opinion that we have a fantastic group, and this is my way of trying to participate, so I will not give up and I already have other plans in progress.

As for Tackview, I'm also not sure if it will be any setting, but I will review it.
In the meantime I sent a PM message with a link to the file.
At Tackview, you can clearly see the AI ​​units leaving about 10 minutes after us and in the other direction of the track ... another thing was the terrible leadership, which paid no attention to ATC ... I confess I was a little nervous to be leading ... being you, Paul and Phil .... it was not easy

Cheers and thank you again.

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Training Flt on 12 Mar

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Louis I love your energy, keep it up and I Iook forward to testing the mission with you all.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Training Mission Briefings”