3(F) Sqn (DCS) still open for business

Danny
Site Admin

3(F) Sqn (DCS) still open for business

Post by Danny »

It has become apparent from various posts that there maybe a misconception that all of 3(F) Sqn have moved to BMS to carry out training, this isn't the case.

I declined moving as I've done the Falcon 4/ BMS thing and Sapper tried it and it wasn't for him.

Unfortunately when the move to BMS happened I was in the middle of my A400 type rating course. Over the last 3 months this has kept me extremely busy in the evenings and meant my flying was limited to late evenings, ruling me out of mission nights. I believe Sapper has been about flying Huey's.

My concern is that there have been no new pilots requesting F-16's, externally. This could be a simple case of no-one is interested currently or that they do not want to train using the F-16 in BMS.

I would like to clarify, mainly for lurking guests, that there are 2 ways to proceed with 3(F):

1. Join 3(F) and carry out Viper School using BMS viewforum.php?f=290
or
2. Join 3(F) and carry out Viper School using DCS viewforum.php?f=290

Once VS has been completed, or even during, there is nothing stopping anyone from swapping back and forth between DCS and BMS. A caveat to this would be a commitment to the selected training schedule if planned in.

I have spoken to the BMS guys about delineating between BMS and DCS, maybe my having the BMS F-16's as the OCU with a different Sqn number as the F-18's have done, which is something we can talk about going forwards if DCS numbers pick up.

At the moment DCS 3(F) Sqn is only me and possibly Sapper, with that in mind I am happy to act as Sqn boss/POC/cast of 1* until the BMS crew have finished VS and ED finish the F-16 and they return to the fold.

*delete as applicable
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Squadron Admin”