1(F) Mission Sets For Mission Designers

Useful documentation for Harrier pilots.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 1(F) Mission Sets For Mission Designers

Post by Matt »

Neal,

the mission looks good, only real consideration is if there are only the two squadrons it might be a little target rich (for example for my lads to get off the ship with weapons we can obviously take less probably looking 4-6 guided weapons plus TGT and Gunpod per A/C)

But that being said, I know your Apache's can carry 16 Hellfires if required so 1(F) it does makes sense for you guys to do the armoured platoon hunting and as you say prioritise the command/logistical units and AAA as long as we can get back to the ship for more Russian sleeping tablets, so what I would possibly do dependant on Harrier numbers is stagger my flights taking off by say 10-15mins to ensure a constant presence on the target while other flights peel back to rearm.

My suggestion with that in mind would be getting the Hermes a straight route to ensure its not constantly changing with aircraft on finals (which proves a pain conducting a vertical landing if the ship is in the middle of its best dance moves :lol: )
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 1(F) Mission Sets For Mission Designers

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Matt wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 11:14 Written up by our very own Hendo, basically explaining the kind of missions 1(F) Squadron can conduct with our airframe for interested mission designers.

1(F) Squadron mission sets:

CAS: Close Air Support. Attacking ground targets in close proximity of friendlies. Under FAC control

AI: Air Interdiction. Attack on enemy supply lines, C2 nodes and artillery. All behind the frontline

BAI: Battlefield Air Interdiction. Attack on enemy forces transiting to front lines. Closer to the frontline.

AR: Armed Reconnaissance. Attacking targets of opportunity in a area.

Strike: A attack on a set target. Can be anything from a command center to a bridge.

OCA: Offensive Counter Air. Destruction of enemy air bases and runway denial.

Recce: Reconnaissance. Gathering intelligence by eye or with the TPOD.

DEAD: Destruction of Enemy Air defences. Attacking enemy radar sites or mopping up left over units at SAM sites. **No offensive capability in attacking fully operational sites.**

FAC(A): Forward Air Controller Airborne. Controlling friendly CAS aircraft from the air.

SCAR: Strike Coordination and Reconnaissance. Similar to FAC(A), but then controlling Air Interdiction aircraft within a Killbox.
That's excellent, thank you.
I shall be in contact.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Knowledge Base”