Lantirn Installation

Ferret

Lantirn Installation

Post by Ferret »

Im having trouble installing this mod. Ive tried numerous times with no luck. Any tips would be appreciated?
Pilot Officer Peter "Ferret" Davies - RAFAIR UK

Image XI (F) squadron

Mutley

Re: Lantirn Installation

Post by Mutley »

Father is the man its his baby given to him by me

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Hi Ferret this could not be easier.

Download the file below (the WH version is for warthog stick users, choose the one that suits your set up)
Lantirn Mod.zip
(17.84 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Lantirn Mod WH.zip
(16.63 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Then if you have OvGME simply drop it in your OvGME mod file and enable it.

If you do not have OvGME then drop the zip file somewhere that you know where it is and unzip the file. Go into the Lantirn Mod file and right click copy the Mods file. Then navigate to D:\DCS World OpenBeta (My install is on D drive your may not be but its the main install) and paste it directly there and allow it to overwrite everything, the file root is built into the download file so you don't have to find anything buried in the files.

Now when you open dcs and go to controls F14B Pilot you should be able to click the filter at the top and scroll down to LANTIRN controls and you will also have Computer Access Panel for Nav point input and TID for selecting waypoints if you choose to also use a pad screen for nav point entry.

You do not need to use a seperate touch screen though and you can program nav points via keyboard binds and remember them. The Lantirn works without the nav interface (this was something that I added to the code in any case) but it allows us to enter waypoints and targets that are not pre programmed into the mission which is useful especially since the F14 only had 3 waypoint available and you cannot pre program the surface target etc in mission editor prior to the mission. (You can do this Via Jester but it takes an age with the Jester rose)

Then check out the lantirn mod thread in this forum for further info on bindings etc. Of course I will answer any issues you have.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Ferret

Post by Ferret »

Thanks mate. I will give it another go once my daughter gets off my PC, which could be a while 😂

Image XI (F) squadron

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I bought my daughter a nintendo switch and animal crossing and now I can go on the pc at any time! Haha
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Video to hopefully help download and install the Lantirn Mod.

CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Ferret

Post by Ferret »

Still cant get it to work. I have the Lantirn controls section in my keybinding dropdown menu. With all keys assigned and Lantirn is on but when I toggle the vdc to the lantirn I get a black screen (see below).
Screen_200330_082537.png
Screen_200330_082537.png (9.64 MiB) Viewed 2981 times

Image XI (F) squadron

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Ah cool, that's not an issue with the mod that's because you don't know how to use the lantirn yet. You cant just turn it on and its there. Its best to get it spinning up when you are doing your start up procedure on the ground as you are waiting for Jester to do his ins alignment anyway.

You have to press IMU power on and pod power on (listen for the switches clicking in the back) and then leave it. After about 8 minutes you should see NOT RDY appear on the black screen, at that point you need to press the Oper/unstow button (listen for another click) about 45 seconds to a minute after that the camera should come on. Don't be tempted to flick switches on and off unless it has been longer than the stated times above.

I will do a start up and bomb video soon as I think that would help. Of course you can join our next bombing training session which will get you to grips with it.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

FC, Another one for your logic reasoning,

Although all the buttons are now programmed properly ish ? the pad buttons still refuse to fire in CAS /TID options.
They all fire in Notepad C++
The Keyboard Lua file is in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\keyboard ,,, and it's a 97kb file

Could it be that the Keyboard Lua's in DCS Root Dir conflict with the Keyboard Lua in Saved games, ie the keyboard Lua for Voice attack ???
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

That is very possible if you are using Viacom! That will have its own binds so will mess stuff up, hence why I don't use pre made VA profiles!
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Air To Ground Combat Training”