Video Tutorial

Father Cool

Video Tutorial

Post by Father Cool »

Do this.
DASH_1080.mp4
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
This is great work though and we should make some cool videos like this for the site I reckon.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Re: Video Tutorial

Post by Alien »

I'm working on that , :lol: :lol:
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 12:20 Do this.

DASH_1080.mp4

This is great work though and we should make some cool videos like this for the site I reckon.
ive done it once, got the ripple timings and speed spot on and dropped 5 or 6 right on each target
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

For me Scooby it's getting to understand the range of Ripple settings, timings and how many of particular ordnance, jester always so , bollocks, can't do that :lol: :lol: albeit I have managed to drop 4 a few miliseconds apart,
I did drop some cluster munitions the other day on the PG range, pretty much the same effect as the CBU 87 carried by the A10C, not that good for Armour, more for soft skin / troops etc

Looks good though :)
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

The MK-20 Rockeye is a free-fall, unguided cluster weapon designed to kill tanks and armored vehicles.

The system consists of a clamshell dispenser, a mechanical MK-339 timed fuze, and 247 dual-purpose armor-piercing shaped-charge bomblets. The bomblet weighs 1.32 pounds and has a 0.4-pound shaped-charge warhead of high explosives, which produces up to 250,000 psi at the point of impact, allowing penetration of approximately 7.5 inches of armor. Rockeye is most efficiently used against area targets requiring penetration to kill.

Fielded in 1968, the Rockeye dispenser is also used in the Gator air-delivered mine system. The bomblets free fall over a 3,300 square yard area and detonate on impact. The shaped warhead charge in the bomblet is good against armor and soft skinned targets.

Good against armour supposedly.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Father Cool wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 16:51 The MK-20 Rockeye is a free-fall, unguided cluster weapon designed to kill tanks and armored vehicles.

The system consists of a clamshell dispenser, a mechanical MK-339 timed fuze, and 247 dual-purpose armor-piercing shaped-charge bomblets. The bomblet weighs 1.32 pounds and has a 0.4-pound shaped-charge warhead of high explosives, which produces up to 250,000 psi at the point of impact, allowing penetration of approximately 7.5 inches of armor. Rockeye is most efficiently used against area targets requiring penetration to kill.

Fielded in 1968, the Rockeye dispenser is also used in the Gator air-delivered mine system. The bomblets free fall over a 3,300 square yard area and detonate on impact. The shaped warhead charge in the bomblet is good against armor and soft skinned targets.

Good against armour supposedly.
Well it didnt do much damage to the Armour on the PG range, maybe its not the same as the CBU 87, I did drop in Computer Pilot,maybe it needs to be dropped Computer Tgt ? to get the spread / height for the bomblets to do the damage
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I need to have a go with those.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Father Cool wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 09:51 I need to have a go with those.
Sounds like a good excuse to get some training in chaps!
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Indeed. I had a go with the mk20s after that and it was awesome.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Air To Ground Combat Training”