TO Speed to Weight and rotaion speeds

WilloUK

TO Speed to Weight and rotaion speeds

Post by WilloUK »

This might be worth adding on to the Kneeboards
Can find how to find weight via Aircraft systems so I do it through refuel/rearm menu.
If any1 can make my table better and my professional please do, as im not to arty
Hope it helps some guys with Takeoff
Attachments
Take-off to Weight Speeds.jpg
Take-off to Weight Speeds.jpg (89.38 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: TO Speed to Weight and rotaion speeds

Post by Neil Willis »

Very useful!

I hope we will be able to include anticipated all-up weights and speeds in proper briefings too.

It certainly beats just hoping for the best.

Neil
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

maggsy

Re: TO Speed to Weight and rotaion speeds

Post by maggsy »

Neil Willis wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 19:05 Very useful!

I hope we will be able to include anticipated all-up weights and speeds in proper briefings too.

It certainly beats just hoping for the best.

Neil
I think this is perfectly possible, mission planner will see the All-up weights as he placed the units on the map and loads them ( even if they are ultimately then left clean for pilots to request loading on the ramp)
this data then is added to the briefing.
Any deviation from the loadout in the briefing (I cannot think off the top of my head a reason why a pilot would change the planned loudout) the pilot will have to look at the data sheet to amend his V1 and Vr speeds

Impromptu lesson on emergency proceedures during take off ( based upon General Aviation)
For those that might not know ( based upon civil aviation descriptions)

V1.
V1 is defined as the speed beyond which the take-off should no longer be aborted. Meaning that in case you experience any trouble with your plane before reaching V1 you would immediately abort your take-off and would apply all the necessary means to bring the aircraft to a halt. once past this spped you are committed to the take off as there will be insuffcient rwy left to stop safely.

(refer back to the calculations on the calculated take-off roll not exceeding 50% of the available rwy length

Vr.
Vr or Rotate is defined as the speed at which the pilot begins to apply control inputs to make the aircraft nose to pitch up, after which it leaves the ground. The easiest way to memorize the rotate speed is the point where the nose leaves the ground and vortexes are created at the wing tips which rotate behind the aircraft. Moreover, the point where the main gear leaves the ground is the point where the aircraft has reached the Vlof – lift off speed.

There is V2 which is the speed at which the aircraft must reach and maintain to climb safely at 200ft per min generally applies to multi engine a/c in single engine A/C if the malfunction involves the propulsion then the drill would be if still on the ground but travelling faster than the calculated V1 speed then apply maximum brakes and avoid hitting any obstacles if possible ( the only advice I ever found useful was better to hit the hedge at 50kts than the ground at 100kts !! )

If the engine failure occurs after take off then seek a suitable site within a 30 deg arc of the nose preferably into the wind to perform an emergency landing, do not attempt a turn back toward the airfield lower the nose to attain best glide speed. I suppos in a military A/C we would point the a/c at an unpopulated area and eject.
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Return to “Other”