Problem with F-16

Flyco
Site Admin

Problem with F-16

Post by Flyco »

Guys, can I ask what is the problem you are having with the F-16 that you have abandoned it?

I have flown it a few times recently, and it is certainly twitchy on roll and turn on the ground, but it is not really un-controllable.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

maggsy

Re: Problem with F-16

Post by maggsy »

Alan
there are several issues
The IFF/DL/HSD not showing friendlies/enemies correctly ( seems to stem from where the contact data is coming from, other A/C or Awacs or certain combinations).
The radar is problematic obtaining a lock at BVR is hit and miss with contacts simply vanishing only to reappear 20 miles closer without having to do anything to break the lock. ( AI does not fly offsets or notches any radar lock.)
Flight model flawed as you have discovered random pitch changes and the trim is very crude, cannot cope with crosswinds on take off/landing , lateral tyre grip still an issue.
No ability to fly to carrat or accurate ToT, system clock not tied to the mission timer,
these are just a few issues I can recall off the top of my head, all in all its not much fun to fly and really cannot be considered capable of carrying out its role in a realistic manner
We have a training program that in DCS has been reduced to flying in circles performing circuits, whilst in BMS we have a fully functional F-16 that allows the full scope of the A/C capabilities to be explored.
I will add we will return to "active duties" fully trained and raring to go when we have a DCS F-16 that matches the expectations promised
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

anyu idea if any of that has been fixed recently?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

John alas it appears not anytime soon the term " hell and freezing over" seem to be the catch all for ED atm... where fixing bugs is concerned or maybe fix one break three could also be applied but we got a new map ....shame there are so few bug free A/C to fly over it ..
ImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

just a quick peek at the bugs page on the Ed forums is a depressing read
ImageImage

Return to “Chat”