20th Jan Training

Information for upcoming or ongoing squadron operations.
Matt
Site Admin

20th Jan Training

Post by Matt »

Below are your Kneeboards for tonight's training.

the plan is as follows:

From HMS Hermes
Colt 1 - Chocks
Colt 12 - Plexi
Colt 13 (Element Lead) - Hades
Colt 14 - Telson
Colt 15 - Jay

You guys will be operating from HMS Hermes conducting IRMAV training under direction from Chocks up in the north of the Black Sea on a target range, you have KC135 MPRS overhead on 251.200Mhz (TCN 55X) if required (it shouldn't be) returning back to the Hermes once Winchester.

Remainder are with my departing from Kobuleti

Colt 3 - Matt
Colt 32 - Uncle Muzz
Colt 33 - Maddog
Colt 34 - Denlar

We will be conducting an assessment/Nav flight up the coast going through formations, 1(F) Squadron procedures and myself getting to know you all and finding out where you require some training and help to expand your flying in the Harrier ( because here at 1(F) we don't just chuck you in the deep end on an operational mission until you/we are ready and happy in your abilities to fly large group missions within RAF Air UK working with two F18 squadrons one F16 squadron and A10C squadron and an F14 squadron all of similar sizes)

We will carry out our Nav and Formation practice up until waypoint 10 where we will engage a target at waypoint 10 with Mk 82 snake-eyes (unguided bombs) and then either head to the HMS Hermes or to Anapa (dependent) to end the flight.

For the lads flying with me dont worry its not a test, i just want to see where you are so i know how we can best help you and get you flying large indepth missions with a great bunch of pilots (and the other squadrons :lol: )
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: 20th Jan Training

Post by Matt »

Absolutely brilliant night, with 10 harrier pilots in the air!

5 conducting weapons training and 5 on an initial squadron flight.

We had the pleasure to welcome 5 new lads to the squadron!
unknown-2.png
unknown-2.png (3.48 MiB) Viewed 587 times
unknown-1.png
unknown-1.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 587 times
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Operations”