VNAO T-45 GOSHAWK, what a fantastic little aircraft

Aircraft: F/A-18C
john (scooby)

Re: VNAO T-45 GOSHAWK, what a fantastic little aircraft

Post by john (scooby) »

Flyco wrote: 06 May 2021, 17:37 Not quite sure which carrier I was on. I had set up switches for the major control inputs on a land airfield, and did a quick flip from the field. I then selected one of the default missions which spawned me on a carrier. Started engine, then taxied to the catapult, but non of the options worked.

I will look at it again tomorrow.
if you saw deck crew on the cats then it was the supercarrier. i fouind radioing and asking for permission to launch wakes them up. you can go from the back of the boat and get airbourne np if youre really desperate
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Tried again- worked OK. Don't know what I did wrong last time. This time I taxied nearly to stern and when I turned around there was the guy marshalling me - I think I may have gone for the wrong catapult last time. The next problem I had was that the ac wouldn't move when I was trying to engage the catapult hook. Eventually had to use about 95%+ to get it to go over the shuttle and engage - is that normal? Anyway, it finally worked.

Now I know what I require I can allocate the commands to appropriate buttons.

It's certainly pleasant to fly, but does not seem as lively as the original Hawk. Whether that is the extra weight I don't know.

Thanks for the help
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

full power is needed to get it over the shuttle :lol: shes not the most powerful girl ever
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

The shuttle full power issue and slow launch from the catapult are known bugs and are due to be fixed apparently.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “892 Naval Air Squadron”