20/5/21 Training

Aircraft: F/A-18C
Alex

20/5/21 Training

Post by Alex »

Hey guys,

Fantastic training tonight - really enjoyed it. One of my most memorable training missions yet. Started off, performed some SEAD, with some highspeed lofting to take out those S-8 and the even more Pesky S-6's. (Note for myself, once I have a lock, press the Cage key to get the H-OFF and then send the missile on its way... if low and slow 10nm - if fast and mid/high 20nm)

Learnt a bit about programming navigation routes.

Then it was CCIP bombing low level a line of bear's, followed by firing off the sound of freedom (Gatling) - targeting an AA emplacement. It turns out the enemies sound of oppression was a bit louder than my freedom cannon and lasered me out of the sky! haha

Great session by all,

Looking forward to next week!

evensis

Re: 20/5/21 Training

Post by evensis »

Was a great one indeed! The most enjoyable bits for me, was trying a cheeky SLAM-ER from 80nm against the SA-6 and planning to race it and launch a HARM and see what hits first. Gizzy called out up to the flight lead what the plan of attack is and the SLAM-ER seemed ideal xD Turns out I got a bit too caught up chatting while racing the SLAM-ER, went off course 30 miles, thought oh crap when realising it, promptly followed by the SA-6 being destroyed.

Second training session even better, Chris had dropped a cryptic hint mentioning to fly > 500 knots over the airbase for a CCIP run, as he had hidden some AA around the airfield; after dropping my payload of 4x MK84 fatties onto the runway, decimating an Antanov in the process, I thought oo I have my guns with plenty of targets around. Hard 180 9g turn, straight into the fire of the AA who ripped me a new back passage! Ejected, landed on the ground walking along, all of a sudden I hear this deep rumble, and then a whoosh, doppler effect, and high pitch of the Hornet's gun firing and engines roaring a couple of hundred feet above my head. Absolutely amazing, sounded awesome, and looked it with the tracers followed by the Hornet. For anyone who hasn't had that happen yet, you're missing out! It really goes to show just how good DCS's sound engine is, sounded genuinely phenomenal.

On the other side, the SLAM-ER, means we only have to go 2km from the carrier, launch, get back into the marshal, and land lol!
Lieutenant Adam "Evensis" - RAF Air UK

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 20/5/21 Training

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Sounded like a great training session.
I had a few traps while listening to the Radar tutorial. Sorry I had to leave early.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “892 Naval Air Squadron”