892NAS Update

Aircraft: F/A-18C
Chris

892NAS Update

Post by Chris »

892NAS Update

SKILLS
Skill sets are slowly being expanded albeit with differing speeds but that is normal in hobbies. I realise that player styles and expectation are personally different however with the complex F18C model when tasked to role play any relative tasking, we arguably have to master the most complex skill sets of any DCS plane or helicopter.

Real life interactions, available time and differing desires of seriousness and fun makes ‘squaring’ this circle difficult but not impossible. The squadron currently manages to get together as a unit twice a month (TUE) for training and of course with RL this is not guaranteed. Thursday weekly training attendance is intermittent as it always has been.

RAFAIR Missions
The current dictated RAFAIR policy of running the same mission twice, one week apart is not conducive to good practice as any training areas identified are not easily addressed before the re-run and you are then into a negative training arena. This is not an issue for some SQNS but for the F18C multiple role capability and 892NAS it is as I would like to ensure our skills are requisite to any required tasking. Currently, we are not there yet. I’ve requested RAFAir missions not to be run consecutively a week apart but to no avail.

CONSTITUTED PAIRS
To hopefully help progression, pilot pairs have been established and for the next 3 months fly in missions and train in the same combination. Hopefully if Squadron training sessions are missed then hopefully pairs will catch up at other suitable times ASP. Current Pairs are BART (lead) & SHUGS. LEE(lead) & GUS and suggested NEIL(lead) & ANDREW, CHRIS & DUKE with SHAGGY & ADAM being wildcard SINGLES with an emphasis of CAP research, skill share.

TRAINING SYLLABUS
Please revise phase 2 of the training syllabus and indicate whether all competencies can be fully demonstrated. Phase 3 will soon be replaced with 3 groups, SEAD, CAS & CAP and will include appropriate munitions and tactics.

F18C DATA CARTRIDGE
After extensive testing we now have a proven method of pseudo DATA CARTRIDGE WP & JDAM co-ordinates input. In any one mission we can enter any number of series each of up to 99 WP’s and any number of series of JDAM / JSTOW co-ordinates each up to 4 double station (8 items) Pilots will need to be up to speed with manual WP data entry and JSTOW / JDAM indivual PP mode data entry and munition set up and operation but the DATA CARTRIDGE works in flight, on the ramp and for multiple uses on one flight, for a task divert etc… This will greatly enhance the use of JDAMs / JSTOWS, WPTs and TGT Wps and give complete independence to 892 for mission planning on any mission (including default terrain miz on RAFAIR servers) and remove the 892NAS <> Mission writer logistical workload.

ROLES
LEE (volunteered, honestly) will be involved in mission planning and the preparation of required aids such as kneeboards, tactical maps, taskings etc.
BART has agreed to mentor GUS and bring him up to speed as quickly as possible.
MEDIA INFLUENCER
Vacancy for a Media Influencer. For 892NAS to grow some and develop we need to recruit some like minded souls. I have posts running on DCS Forum and these need to be maintained to keep them to the fore and a regular input to FB and all the other facets of todays media would be most helpful. I’m blind to this stuff hence the excellent salary offered to the right individual. He / she should have great video skills, happy to produce professional promotional movies pictures and advertising ‘stuff’ One requirement is that the applicants nickname should not be more than 6 characters long and begin and end with ‘S’.

vCSG
There does not seem to any objection to this concept. If 11(F) wish to join us together under the one name with aligned practices, procedures and tactics then it will be actioned. I have left it that 11(F) to formerly initiate then then we can proceed.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Return to “892 Naval Air Squadron”