UH1H TRAINING

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Re: UH1H TRAINING MONDAY 13th JULY 2020

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yep, I concur with the above statements, an absolutely brilliant evening, marred by the fact that I crashing on attempting to land in the combat zone. although upside down, I survived with alarms blaring, but was still able to disembark my Huey full of troops, so I helped in successfully taking the village a little bit.

Thanks again Chris for a fantastic evening.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Hill landings are hard! I stacked it on both attempts :oops: then had an airbourne interface with a wingy :lol: damn fun and kearned a bit too
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

john (scooby) wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 07:07 Hill landings are hard! I stacked it on both attempts :oops:
Indeed, more so as you were flying a fully loaded GS slightly above max permitted weight hence in the red holding a 3' hover. Absolutely no safety leeway...
As for the Mid Air board of inquiry reports later today on discord....suffice to say cumulative error involving all Red Troop.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Chris wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 08:02
john (scooby) wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 07:07 Hill landings are hard! I stacked it on both attempts :oops:
Indeed, more so as you were flying a fully loaded GS slightly above max permitted weight hence in the red holding a 3' hover. Absolutely no safety leeway...
As for the Mid Air board of inquiry reports later today on discord....suffice to say cumulative error involving all Red Troop.
I await with interest. I know I was lagging a little behind lead. I was chugging like hell to get up that hill lol even dipping into the red a couple of times
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Chris

UH1H TRAINING MONDAY 20th JULY 2020

Post by Chris »

No.1 Flying Training School
Monday 20th July 2020
1930 > 2030 (available from 1900)
Local Server RAF AIR 420
SRS required.

Skills enhancement:

Pilot Course syllabus paras 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9
VMC T/O, Flight manoeuvres and approach (Pattern)
Multi A/C Ops
Communications simultaneous use 3 radios

Senior Course syllabus paras 2, 4 & 6
Running Landing (off runway)
Slope Operations (off aerodrome)
Terrain Flight De-accel / Accel

REMINDER only, no need to respond attendance...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: UH1H TRAINING

Post by 0405 Andrew »

A very enjoyable evening again, thanks Chris.

I figure I'm flying too far back in formation after being asked to tighten up, I'll try and work on that this week with some Ai aircraft .

Overall I thought it all looked pretty good and hats off to Neil for guiding us round.

If anyone has a tacview file of the evening , I'd appreciate a copy.

Cheers Andrew
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

after the initial "oh shit im at the front what do i do" moment i really enjoyed being 1, made a mess of those 2 landings though :oops: :lol: i figured i stuffed up when i heard 2 go arounds behind me :oops:
andrew whats your email?
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thanks John, I've just reviewed the tacview, mine recorded until my pc crashed. We're all getting much smoother but still need to steady out our decent and deceleration for finals.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

We’ll forgive you Scooby, we do know you have a handful with that gunship. That’s what you get for volunteering! :D :D :D

Just remember basic circuit numbers when you are preparing for insertion. I think your settling with power issue came about because we were high on that second landing.

We need to encourage everyone to make it on Monday nights, the missions are very well put together, and a great challenge I think.

I must try and get my head into gathering in the flock and getting everyone into suitable formations. And get my knee board configured so I can see more to the right.

Now, what is happening with the BBMF? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 06:52 We’ll forgive you Scooby, we do know you have a handful with that gunship. That’s what you get for volunteering! :D :D :D

Just remember basic circuit numbers when you are preparing for insertion. I think your settling with power issue came about because we were high on that second landing.

We need to encourage everyone to make it on Monday nights, the missions are very well put together, and a great challenge I think.

I must try and get my head into gathering in the flock and getting everyone into suitable formations. And get my knee board configured so I can see more to the right.

Now, what is happening with the BBMF? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those numbers deserted me last night it's 60 in the circuit down to 40 on finals isn't it?
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “No.1 Flying Training School (Rotary Wing)”