HELICOPTERS WITHIN RAFAIR UK - AN UPDATE

Chris

HELICOPTERS WITHIN RAFAIR UK - AN UPDATE

Post by Chris »

60 SQN although a secondary SQN in the scheme of RAF AIR, has grown up in terms of numbers turning up each week. 8 - 10 pilots is not unusual for missions or training. A huge round of applause to everyone for the great enthusiasm, craic, fun and lack of drama and politics.

SENIOR PILOT TRAINING COURSE
A new course will commence 1st November 2020. If interested please sign up here or contact me direct on DM, or Discord or on TS when about. Times can be arranged to suit personal schedules.
Full details are in the library section here viewtopic.php?f=324&t=3847

Mi17
Mi8 Training course has started. If you are keen to learn this great model (probably the most realistic in DCS) please contact me soonest.

GUNSHIP
Gunship training is normally only undertaken after Senior Pilot is achieved HOWEVER if you are currently pretty good and have the certain madness and twisted desire to fasttrack then this can be arranged during SP training. Speak to John about the experience then contact me if you wish to give it a go.

MENTORS
For 60 SQN mentors please hit on:
Neil Willis for the UH1H in general and especially if you have an interest in the cargo side
John 'Scooby' for the UH1H in general and especially if you have a gunship bent or
'Wee' Neal or 'Grumpy' Andrew for the UH1H in general and especially for flight lead excellence.

SELF LEARNING PROGRESSION
Want to take it further on your own when it suits and at your pace... great! Use the training course competencies as a route and keep track of you progression on the web training spreadsheet exactly the same as if you were on a scheduled course.

RAF AIR UK Tactical Operations PDFhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1eBWO7X ... sp=sharing gives further info and don't forget about the formal documentation in the library section too

SOP's are in the form of a kneeboard pack. Download, read and have on board at all times please.

LIVERIES
Quite a few have not installed the Liveries. These took me a long time to make and if not installed spoil the visuals for the rest of us so please check and if not there get them installed. See the pretty pics below...

MISSION BUILDING

A small group - Andrew, Neal and myself, have formed a collective approach to producing missions 3 or so times a month. Any ideas, please write a simple brief and send it to one of us.

Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: HELICOPTERS WITHIN RAFAIR UK - AN UPDATE

Post by 0405 Andrew »

That's all superb Chris. Many thanks again in setting this all up. It's been really good getting to grips with the Huey in a really organised way.

I'm not really grumpy, but for some reason I pick that up everywhere I go, work, home, pub and now the virtual world. To be honest I reckon it's the rest of you! :lol:
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Weasel

Re: HELICOPTERS WITHIN RAFAIR UK - AN UPDATE

Post by Weasel »

Yes indeed thanks Chris really enjoying how organised you have things, and please put me down for the Senior's training and i will let you know closer with a time and date.
Pilot Officer Jeremy "Weasel" Lambert - RAF AIR UK

Image Image Image

Return to “No.1 Flying Training School (Rotary Wing)”