NEW UH1H (Huey) Training course

Chris

NEW UH1H (Huey) Training course

Post by Chris »

Some folks have recently acquired the Huey and wish to learn how to fly the airframe in some depth and consequently a UH1H course is starting for anyone interested.

Training times will be variable and by consensus.

This is in addition to the active Mi8 course.

Anyone wishing to join, you are most welcome. No experience is necessary just a keenness to fly with kindred spirits. PM me ASP or chat... :)

Kind Regards
Chris
Kind Regards
Chris :)

filthymanc

Re: NEW UH1H (Huey) Training course

Post by filthymanc »

Sounds great. Count me in.
Pilot Officer Chris "Filthymanc" 0513 - RAF Air UK

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

I'm in. Please make sure my bird is well clear of other machines, building, vehicles, animals, telegraph poles, and ground crew when I try to take off.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

filthymanc

Post by filthymanc »

309 Geoff wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 14:58 I'm in. Please make sure my bird is well clear of other machines, building, vehicles, animals, telegraph poles, and ground crew when I try to take off.
Ha, do you think we should have our own airfields!
Pilot Officer Chris "Filthymanc" 0513 - RAF Air UK

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

filthymanc wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 16:53
309 Geoff wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 14:58 I'm in. Please make sure my bird is well clear of other machines, building, vehicles, animals, telegraph poles, and ground crew when I try to take off.
Ha, do you think we should have our own airfields!
1 supercarrier each should do
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

I'm having second thoughts about training. I can take off, and survive most landings, but analysing my flight looks like a recipe for air sickness.

Before I join rotary training, I need to be far more proficient in the "simple" basics. It seems my brain cannot cope with flying two airframes, and I don't want to jeopardise my ability in the A-10C.

Rotary seem alien to me at the moment. I'll keep trying to fly the Huey solo, and join when I feel more comfortable.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Steve [Yeti]

Post by Steve [Yeti] »

Hey Gizzy,
FNG on XI would like to join the training stream, Mi-8 is my preference but happy to join the Huey route if required.
Yeti
Student Pilot Steve "Yeti" James - RAF Air UK

Chris

Post by Chris »

309 Geoff wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 18:51 I'm having second thoughts about training. I can take off, and survive most landings, but analysing my flight looks like a recipe for air sickness.,,,,,,
That's quite normal for many Geoff, that's why I'm here and why I get paid so much by you guys...

Whatever you feel comfortable with Sir, it is all good.
Kind Regards

Chris

Post by Chris »

Steve [Yeti] wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 19:14 Hey Gizzy,
FNG on XI would like to join the training stream, Mi-8 is my preference but happy to join the Huey route if required.
Yeti
Nothing required Yeti as your 11th lads (scoob) said you were a total expert on all things Helos with a personal certificate to that effect from Bad,..... LOL.

Whatever suits you mate, all is good just let me know...
Kind Regards

Chris

Post by Chris »

I've had quite a few fingers in various pies (Syria, UH1H, ME, Mi8, Harrier and personally the F18) the focus here was lost for a while... I apologise.

Yogi hassled me and quickly went through the basics....

For those still interested in nailing the basics or advanced aspects of this airframe please PM and I'll try and get some co-ordination sorted....

Spanky I can offer you a slot on Saturday (UK) 8pm night to get you on track.... I do not think it will take too much to polish the basics

Geof & Flyco a little quite time 1-1 is always available if you wish, with your extensive RL skills & experience once the basics are nailed you'll be off like a wippet... who needs a Kiowa... Just let me know...
Kind Regards

Return to “No.1 Flying Training School (Rotary Wing)”