NEW UH1H (Huey) Training course

Alien

Re: NEW UH1H (Huey) Training course

Post by Alien »

Hi Chris,
With winter now upon us my work time is not so hectic so I would like to get back into the Huey Program
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Chris, I think my stuff is finally glued back together and working moderately well. Hence I would like to take you up on your earlier offers of a 'proper' intro to the Huey.

Incidentally, I have a mission which, takes up to 6 or 8 Hueys across the border to pick up a stranded SAS team. There is also the option for up to 4 A-10s to blow a hole in the planned (but recently plugged) exit route back over the mountains. I started it some time ago - before I flew with the RW elite - and it does involve some marginal belly scratching over the mountains at around 10,000 ft and 20 kias. Consequently I am not sure it would be suitable for multiple Hueys using your SOPs. If you fancy it, I will fly it with you as a pair, and you can let me know what you think.

I had intended to take it further and provide F-18s to knock out the SAMs (Currently the Hueys fly up one valley into the teeth of a SAM site using trees to break lock when missiles are fired - the site is on the Huey's 12 o'clock). I was also going to use F-14s to keep FW fighters at arm's length, but that was for the future.

As I say, if you want to take a look, let me know - it runs for about 1:10, from take-off to landing.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Excellent Flyco.... glad to see it is all sorted for you.

The mission sounds really good, I like the concept, looking forward to it. Might be handy to liaise with Andrew just to ensure CTLD if needed is all good.... as we use our own master config files.

Re UH1h with your extensive experience 1-1 will be the most expeditious way of running through the programme... Gram me next time we are both on TS and we can agree a time, if that suits....
Kind Regards
Chris :)

filthymanc

Post by filthymanc »

I don't suppose I could take someone up on a one to one lesson. I've got myself aquatinted with the basics and hover, or wobbly hover.
Pilot Officer Chris "Filthymanc" 0513 - RAF Air UK

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Don't worry Geoff, Chris is a fantastic IP, he taught me to fly the Huey, if he can do that he can teach anyone.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

filthymanc wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 04:25 I don't suppose I could take someone up on a one to one lesson. I've got myself aquatinted with the basics and hover, or wobbly hover.
Of course mate :D

I'm away till Friday but anytime after that will be fine.. I'm often about during the day or evening just let me know when available PM Email or discord..
Kind Regards

filthymanc

Post by filthymanc »

Chris wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 10:38
filthymanc wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 04:25 I don't suppose I could take someone up on a one to one lesson. I've got myself aquatinted with the basics and hover, or wobbly hover.
Of course mate :D

I'm away till Friday but anytime after that will be fine.. I'm often about during the day or evening just let me know when available PM Email or discord..
Excellent, thank you. Yep no rush at all. I'll keep practicing for now.

Chris

Post by Chris »

filthymanc wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 12:34 :)
PM sent Chris
Kind Regards

filthymanc

Post by filthymanc »

Chris,
Thank you that was excellent. I thought I was making good progress by practicing on my own, but that has just blown it all away. I really appreciate you taking the time.
But now I need to lie down in a dark room.

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Well done Filthy, I'm looking forward to seeing in the right seat on Monday.

And thank you Chris for your continued support of 60 Squadron.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “No.1 Flying Training School (Rotary Wing)”