v 60 Squadron RAF AIR UK

Aircraft: UH1H 'Huey'
Chris

v 60 Squadron RAF AIR UK

Post by Chris »

60 squadron RAF was formed in 1916 and saw service in France then in the middle and far east until tasked highly classified surveillance cold war roles until 1992 . At this point it was issued with Westland Wessex helicopters but disbanded in 1997 with the name plate held by No1 Flying Training School. In 2020 1 FTS absorbed the Defence Helicopter Flying School and now delivers helicopter training with Airbus Juno 135 / 145 aircraft.

RAF AIR UK have raised a virtual 60 Squadron as their operational arm of their virtual No 1 FTS (helicopter training element) Currently there are 2 flights equipped with the venerable UH1H ‘Huey’ with 2 reserve flights for the Mi-17 and Helicopter scout role.

60 Squadron role-play in 3 distinct eras;
  • Vietnam (Caucasus map). Aircraft and tactics are based wherever possible on those used in the conflict. Airframes are badged as 170 Assault Helicopter Company (US), 'The Flying Dragons' based at 'Bikini Beach' Pleiku Camp Holloway with 3 active troops, Red Troop, Blue Troop and Buccaneer Gunships.
  • Cold War Europe (Caucasus map)
  • Iraq / Afghanistan / Gulf conflicts (PG Map) with marine LHT carrier operations along side 1 Squadron AV8BNA Harriers.
Further Details on No 1 Flying Training School can be found here viewforum.php?f=324

2 Operational Troops / Flights have been formed with rated pilots..

BLUE TROOP
Neil WIllis
Neal
Phil
Andrew (405)

RED TROOP
Mike
Shane (Alien)
John (Scooby)
Paul (43)
Matt

MODS & SKINS pack required. Download, unzip and drop the 2 folders, MODS & Liveries into your SAVED GAMES folder openbeta root directory.

LINK https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PysAEp ... sp=sharing

MODs bring in various HELO furniture such as helo pads on islands, rigs, towers, forts, lighthouses, ship helo pad trainer and Fortified Helo / Harrier / Viggen FOB / FARP.

Skins are 4 I've made for the series based on RL 170th AHB 'Flying Dragons' from 'Bikini Beach' base Vietnam. Nose art is an accurate copy of original dragon and bikini girl, blue pants for Blue Troop and Red pants for RED Troop. Gunship Troop is 'Buccaneers' with Skull and Crossbones nose art, again accurate. They are all well used and neaten up some. The 4th is a fictional RAF camo... the army did camo but RAF was normally green or grey. The dashboard of all has been modified to give freq cards as per SOP, a 1 FTS badge and 2 playing cards.... 1 ace of spades to take off and leave on your enemies... as was the custom and the other a pretty girl pinup....

Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: v 60 Squadron RAF AIR UK

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Excellent video, I'm really looking forward to flying some good missions with you all.

I'm taking this very seriously, I'm now planning to live in my garden shed like in the video!
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “60 Squadron”