Great, I will write into the mission
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Re: 7 December mission

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Everyone
the mission is ready I hope!! The briefing is attached.
In a nut shell:
Take off by flights, specific mission per each flight, overall comd by Neil flying a Yak (this is a bit of a test). The areas marked as red are suggested no fly zones for Red and Blue as there are baddies there, until gunships can eliminate. We must insert troops at LZ's marked by LRRP teams, who will then patrol the town, killing the enemy. You will then be called in to pick up. These are all squad sized units so only one slick per drop and pickup, this will require a bit of coord from Comd and flight leads. It could all go to hell of course!

Neal
Attachments
Ambush and Search and Destroy v1.docx
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Id love to join in! If I can? I do need to square away some of the SRS stuff and everything but I keep checkin and will see scooby or alien on your TS. I could also rock up (man i love culturally appropriating your slang. im such a fucking american its epic :lol: ) early and get the info
I mean Im probably not nearly as good as you guys are with hueys, and I suspect Ill do even worse having never flown DCS copters in MP but Id love to join.
I can take a UH1 for slick duty, CASEVAC, insertion, extraction. Id just assume, that especially since the F14 gets almost all my lovin, that Im capable but one of your weaker links.
PS on the huey Im somewhat useless with ADF direction finding. IDK why so sue me lol. Im sure if in game someone was talkin me through it itd work, but it never does seem too. FM DOES though luckily... and I can always just follow people or cheat with the kneeboard and ctrl k. I use that for a lot of navigation in lieu of other methods anyways often.
Reading the briefing, I suppose Ill be seeing you guys at Bikini hopefully ;)
sorry for the long msg.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

The ADF works fine in the UH-1H - except that I think DCS have overdone the loss of signal with height. At low level, the range can be as little as 10 nm, and given the shortage of NDB beacons in theatre you will be lucky to pick one up.

I blame the Americans - all those TACANS, ILS, UHF etc. What was wrong with the good old HF?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Spanky wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 19:56 or cheat with the kneeboard and ctrl k
That's not cheating, that's making your copilot work for his money!
Your welcome to join us at the back.
You will also need to fix a training session with Chris (Gizzy) to set you up in 60 squadron basic training.
viewtopic.php?f=328&t=4125
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Ok thanks. I also told Alien earlier I need the SRS info...
I dont know if Chris will have time before Monday. If not Ill probably see all you guys next time.
Its for the best i get tested out on the UH1, I have absolutely no concerns viz the F14, the Uh1 Im far less capable and assured in :roll:

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Spanky

feel free to join us, if you can fly in a straight line and land without taking out the flight you are good to go, but at the back of a flight so you can see whats going on! SRS is essential but really does not take long to setup. If Chris can spare some time I am sure he will be able to run atest flight with you and either take the piss at the horror that is your flying or he may say yes good to go?

Neal
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Wee Neal 0414 wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 10:51 Hi Spanky

feel free to join us, if you can fly in a straight line and land without taking out the flight you are good to go, but at the back of a flight so you can see whats going on! SRS is essential but really does not take long to setup. If Chris can spare some time I am sure he will be able to run atest flight with you and either take the piss at the horror that is your flying or he may say yes good to go?

Neal
Ive used SRS in F14s with AG51 over the summer. I may have to dick around with it, as sometimes happens with everything in my life that inexplicably breaks (and no! that doesnt mean im the idiot! it means the world is plotting against me!) but Im sure itll get sorted.
If nothing else, you guys need an american voice on the radio to deliver lines like 'charley dont surf!' and catch bullets for you gentlemen!
Chris msged me back. Im very much lkg forward to it, hope I dont embarass myself too much, luckily Im technically a F14 RIO and can always redeem myself in her. That said, i like self deprecating humor and probably am not as bad as i make it seem...
or maybe I am and that much worse! ;)

spanky the septic!

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Spanky, if you do wish to join us don't forget to download the mods.
viewtopic.php?f=328&t=4134
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “60 Squadron”