60 Squadron Monthly update

Aircraft: UH1H 'Huey'
0405 Andrew
Site Admin

60 Squadron Monthly update

Post by 0405 Andrew »

The summer has been quite slow with numbers dropping off with the holidays.

We have continued to meet most Mondays and have been concentrating on formation flying and landings. Neal has introduced a 'Real Weights' script, this simulates different weights of troops, an infantry troop won't be as heavy as an engineer group. It really does have an impact on how to approach an LZ or how you exit an LZ after a pick up.

We will be running a short series of missions, based on the final stages of Falklands War. Terrible weather conditions, rocky terrain, threat of artillery, we will be sling loading and performing CASEVC.

We invite past members to pop back in on a Monday evening and get your rotary fix.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: 60 Squadron Monthly update

Post by Neil Willis »

Apologies for my absence last night. My poor dog had a major operation on his leg on Friday, and requires very close attention for a while.

Normal service will be resumed shortly. Esecially now I have the Virgil collective and rudder bar damper.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I hope your dog is coping with it's incarceration, I'm not sure mine would.
We'll see you when you are able.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Coping isn't the word I'd use. He is extremely frustrated, especially when it comes to time he would usually go for a walk. But sometimes you have to steel yourself and do the right thing and not the easy one. We are trying to make things as comfortable as we can for him, which inevitably means watching him like a hawk.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I am definitely in for this Monday internet is all fixed and new strap for Quest2, came today from amazon and its easily the best head strap i have used its called the BOBOVR M2 just feels like i am wearing a cap.

Oculus support is almost laughable as they tell me they have extended the warranty to 2 years from date of purchase, they will send me a new one foc i just have to send the old one back which i pointed out was only 3 months old.
I then told them i want a refund cause i really don't want to be returning a head strap every 3 months, they want 30 days credit i was like nah i do not offer credit as you made me pay in full before my order was shipped the same applies thankyou i expect the refund in 24hrs of you receiving broken strap.

See you Monday
Pilot Officer Jeremy "Weasel" Lambert - RAF AIR UK

Image Image Image

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Great, I will have to get writing a mission :lol:
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “60 Squadron”