Apache - Pilot poll

Aircraft: UH1H 'Huey'
john (scooby)

Re: Apache - Pilot poll

Post by john (scooby) »

if we have enough cpgs (thats what i want to do but let me fly a bit too lol) then we can do full multicrew missions, its not like were gonna need 10 apaches to kill everything unless wete invading russia lol
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Malfoy95

Post by Malfoy95 »

I do believe multi-crew in this module is paramount, especially in combat missions.

Casmo said that both Pilot and CPG seats were operated by 2 trained pilots, instead of a Weapon Systems Officer in the front, and would both switch seats on a regular basis, every few flights.
So I propose us each having a Pilot pair, someone that you switch seats with from mission to mission. Of course we can mix and match depending on redundant seats for a mission, but this way everyone learns both cockpits so there's less confusion when communicating between both seats, and everyone gets an equal amount of time in each seat.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Malfoy95 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 14:10 I do believe multi-crew in this module is paramount, especially in combat missions.

Casmo said that both Pilot and CPG seats were operated by 2 trained pilots, instead of a Weapon Systems Officer in the front, and would both switch seats on a regular basis, every few flights.
So I propose us each having a Pilot pair, someone that you switch seats with from mission to mission. Of course we can mix and match depending on redundant seats for a mission, but this way everyone learns both cockpits so there's less confusion when communicating between both seats, and everyone gets an equal amount of time in each seat.
i agree as an option but i certainly wouldnt want it compulsory, some guys might not want to learn the cpg role
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

I agree with everyone and the splinters in my arse hurt😂
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Wee Neal 0414 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 16:19 I agree with everyone and the splinters in my arse hurt😂
im not seein any conflict, you just look silly sat up there :lol:
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Malc

Post by Malc »

Wee Neal 0414 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 07:11 Hi Malc

Same here, jumped in the front seat first time last night. If you are free tonight at 2030 we can have a little practice flight? If available see you on teamspeak.

Neal
Sorry Neal, I missed your post :(

Would you like to arrange something for next week? I've not actually sat in the front seat yet, but always happy to give it a go! On a positive note, I am beginning to get a grip on actually flying this thing - it brings a new meaning to being sensitive with the controls!

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Malc, I am running a scout camp until Sunday, but free after 1600. We have weekly trading on Monday from 1930. I can also do Wed evening?
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Unsociable

Post by Unsociable »

Hello!

I'm an ex member of the Harriers. I've picked up the module and enjoying everything so far. I have a good understanding of the systems (No expert though!) and even roped a friend into getting the Apache and he's learning the CPG side of things. I've done basic stuff around Cascaus with static targets, nothing too strenuous at the moment. I've put a message in the general area about returning.

I'm happy to fly and be a CPG if I am able to return, I can fly okay, again, not an expert! Hovering takes a little bit of time but with a bit of practice, we'll be okay.

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Andrew

Welcome. We are training on Mondays from 1930hrs you would be very welcome to join us. We will be on Team Speak. We also have Dicord for 60 Sqn. https://discord.gg/XWVVVSJ4

Neal
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “60 Squadron”